One Pot Pea and Bacon Pasta in Mascarpone Parmesan Sauce is a decadently delicious pasta and the EASIEST pasta you will ever make (seriously look at the directions)! Fabulous company or special occasion (Easter!) stress free side.
Is it Easter yet? I love holidays not only for the chance to get together with family but also for the chance to reunite with long lost taste bud calorie splurges AKA this AH-Mazing One Pot Pea and Bacon Pasta in Mascarpone Parmesan Sauce! Because holidays are meant to indulge and because you sharing and receiving rave reviews for your pasta means you won’t eat the WHOLE POT- which is probably a good thing – but you will be secretly bemoaning your benevolence with one bite of Bacon Pea Pasta. So maybe you want to make this pasta before Easter too? and during and after…
Ever since I wiped away drool as Giada de Laurentiis finished her pasta sauce off with a heaping scoop of mascarpone cheese a few weeks ago, I have been yearning for its soft, creamy indulgence. If you aren’t familiar with mascarpone, I consider it a “special occasion” cheese because its a little more expensive, higher in calories – and it tastes like it (heaven!). Its rich and creamy with a subtle milky, sweet, slightly tangy flavor, and is somewhere in between butter and cream cheese as far as texture which means it melts like a velvety dream. And will be seeing you in your dreams.
So to showcase this mascarpone, I created a special occasion (hello Easter!) side that is a quick and easy STRESS FREE one pot wonder. Simply prepare your pasta according to directions, strain and reserve some water – then stir in all remaining ingredients. – DONE!!! The marscapone melts right into the hot pasta, smothering every nook and cranny, followed by your freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Then to really finish it off, we add an array of seasonings, splashes of Dijon and lemon juice, prepared pesto (I love pesto from Costco – always keep it stocked!), and of course petite peas and crispy, bacon.
Want to try this One Pot Pea and Bacon Pasta in Mascarpone Parmesan Sauce?
Pin it to your sides, pasta or special occasions Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
One Pot Pea and Bacon Pasta in Mascarpone Parmesan Sauce
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 pound Gemelli pasta (may sub other short pasta)
- 1 8 oz. container mascarpone
- 1/2 cup finely freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups frozen petite peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons prepraed pesto
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ -1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 6-8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Prepare pasta according to directions in generously salted water. Once cooked, reserve 1 cup pasta water then strain pasta and return to pot.
- Stir in mascarpone until completely melted followed by Parmesan cheese until melted then all remaining ingredients, adding pasta water a little at a time until you reach desired consistency. Season with additional salt, pepper, lemon etc. to taste if desired. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan and parsley (optional) and serve warm.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original