Easy, creamy NO BAKE Cherry Cheesecake Dip is one of the easiest AND most delicious desserts/appetizers that comes together in less than 10 minutes! The ideal make ahead, stress free, crowd pleaser for all your holiday parties!
I had no intention of posting this Cherry Cheesecake Dip recipe until closer to Christmas because I have so many other recipes to post before Thanksgiving, but after my husband and I inhaled gingersnap after gingersnap smothered in the luxuriously creamy dip, we both agreed how perfect it would be for Thanksgiving.
As I lamented to Patrick that my editorial calendar just doesn’t have room for this dip this month, he said, “but you have to share this before Thanksgiving! It’s the best appetizer AND dessert ever!” And if you knew what a food critic Patrick is, that statement carries a lot of weight.
I knew what had to be done. Patrick loves this dip because of the taste. I love this dip – and YOU will love this dip – not only because of the taste but because it literally takes 8 MINUTES to whip together AND is better made in advance so it really is the perfect make ahead dessert = less stress on party day!
I got the idea for this Cherry Cheesecake Dip from mini cherry cheesecakes I used to make for baby showers, Christmas goodie plates, etc. You have probably seen the old school recipe with one saucy cherry, from a can of cherry pie filling, topping a mini cheesecake. And for whatever reason, that chilled cherry crowning that cheesecake is magical. Channel that magic into an even creamier dip and we have crowd pleasing appetizer that is sure to become a staple at all your holiday parties!
To make this Cherry Cheesecake Dip, first place your can of cherry pie filling in the refrigerator. The cherries taste the absolute best when chilled, so as soon as you get your filling, place it in the refrigerator until you need it.
Next, beat your softened cream cheese until nice and smooth then beat in your sugar, splashes of lemon juice and vanilla. Finally, add your sour cream and heavy cream and beat on medium high speed until thick and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes then pour into a serving dish.
If you are in a bind, you can add the cherries and serve the dip right then but the cheesecake sets up and tastes even better if its allowed to chill for at least one hour – and even better after 24 hours so you can truly make it and forget it until go time.
Spoon your cherries over top before serving and you’ve just made the prettiest, delightfully rich yet refreshingly light, talk-of-the-party dessert. And it took you less than 10 minutes. Now that’s a reason to party.
LOOKING FOR MORE CHEESECAKE DESSERT RECIPES?
- Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Key Lime Cheesecake Fruit Dip
- Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Key Lime Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Cups
- Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
- Eggnog Cranberry Cheesecake
- German Chocolate Cheesecake
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
- Brie Spinach Dip
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Meatballs
- Bruschetta Cheese Ball
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Fondue
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Dip
WANT TO TRY THIS CHERRY CHEESECAKE DIP?
Pin it to your DESSERT, CHRISTMAS or APPETIZER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream full fat is best
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling chilled
- Gingersnap cookies
- graham crackers
- Refrigerate can of cherry pie filling until ready to use.
- Beat cream cheese until very smooth, about 1 minute. Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add sour cream and heavy cream and beat on medium high until smooth, thick and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour filling into a large serving dish (its better for it to be larger than smaller so there is more surface area for the topping). Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour to set, up to several days.
- When ready to serve, spoon chilled cherry pie filling on top. Best served with gingersnap cookies.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original