- 12 TortillaLand medium tortillas
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2-4 jalapenos, seeded, deveined, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2teaspoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon dried oregano
- 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2cup salsa(medium for more of a kick)
- 2cups freshly grated Pepper Jack cheese, divided
Add beef, jalapenos and onions to a large skillet and cook over medium heat until onions are softened and meat is cooked through. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat (if there is any).
Stir in all of the spices/seasonings, followed by salsa and cream cheese. Heat over medium low heat until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring often. Stir in 1 cup pepper Jack cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
To assemble, add a heaping 1/4 cup filling to the bottom third of each tortilla and top with a heaping tablespoon cheese. Tightly roll up tortillas.
Heat one teaspoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat (optional for extra crispiness). Working in batches, add taquitos and cook, until golden brown on all sides, rotating as needed.