S’mores Molten Lava Pies ARE DECADENTLY RICH, with an oozing chocolate center, topped with melty toasted marshmallows all nestled in a buttery graham cracker crust – but – they are super easy to make, baked in a muffin tin and in your mouth in less than 30 minutes!
S’mores Molten Lava Pies are one of my favorite desserts ever! If you’ve been intimidated by tackling making your own Lava Cakes before, let me assure you they are one of the easiest desserts to make with just a few ingredients and no electric mixer! You also don’t need any special ramekins because this recipe bakes in a simple muffin tin. These S’mores Molten Lava Pies are destined to become a new favorite dessert that will leave you wanting s’more!
There is a reason rich, fudgy Molten Chocolate Lava Cake appears on so many restaurant menus and is a popular Valentines dessert – it is unbelievably delicious with its soft warm chocolate cake outside giving way to a creamy, smooth stream of liquid chocolate inside, ensuring every forkful is bathed in its velvety decadence. drool. So in preparation for Valentine’s Day, I bring you this must make, restaurant quality dessert you can make at home – with an even more delicious s’mores twist.
This S’mores Molten Lava Pies recipe idea came about after I saw a recipe in a magazine for Mini S’more Pies which intrigued me as I love everything s’mores from my Nutella S’mores Pie and S’mores Cookies to my S’mores Pancakes to Caramel Nut S’mores Bars. But more importantly, Patrick loves everything S’mores and I knew they would be perfect for the day of love.
The more I thought about the recipe, however, the more I knew it needed to have a gooey chocolate center, just like campfire s’mores – so – lightbulb! – why not make Mini S’mores Pies using the batter from my Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes?! Yes and YES! Now you can have your Chocolate Lava Cakes and your S’mores Pie too!
How to Make Mini S’mores Molten Lava Pies
The base of these Mini S’mores Molten Lava Pies begins with a buttery graham cracker crust which you can make completely in your food processor or add crumbs and melted butter to a bowl and mix to combine.
You press the crumbs into the bottom and about ¾ up the sides of greased cupcake liners using the back of a tablespoon. I find the back of a tablespoon is super helpful to press the crumbs firmly in place, otherwise they will stick to your hands. Even so, they crumbs will be squirrelly and it’s hard to get the sides even, so don’t worry about it. The star of the show is the chocolate.
Making the chocolate molten lava cake center is SO easy with only 5 ingredients – butter, chocolate, sugar, eggs and flour. Simply add butter and baking chocolate to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until butter is melted, then stir until butter and chocolate are completely smooth. Next, stir in sugar until smooth followed by eggs and egg yolks then beat for 1 minute with a hand whisk. Fold in flour just until combined. That’s it!
Evenly spoon batter into prepared graham cracker crusts. It’s okay if the batter rises above the top of the graham crackers. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the sides are firm but the centers are set but still soft (but not jiggly). Take care to not overbake your lava cakes or they will turn into chocolate muffins.
Remove your lava pies from oven and top each pie with half of a marshmallow. Broil 6” away from broiler until golden, approximately 1-2 minutes to achieve toasted goldenliciousness.
Let the Mini S’mores Molten Lava Pies cool for 1 minute then remove pies using cupcake liners. Serve immediately for a molten center as the center will continue to cook as the pies cool. If you can’t serve immediately, they will still be delicious with a rich, gooey center, just not quite as runny molten.
And when I say runny molten, I mean an irresistible warm, oozing chocolate center flowing through the moist, decadent cake-like center. With buttery graham crackers. And gooey toasted marshmallows.
Looking for Delicious Pie Recipes?
- Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Nutella S’mores Pie
- Ultimate Mud Pie
- Million Dollar Cookie Pie
Want to try these Mini S’more Molten Lava Pies ?
Pin them to your DESSERT, CHOCOLATE or VALENTINE’ DAY Board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
S'mores Molten Lava Cakes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 cups graham cracker sheets finely ground (1 ¼ cup crumbs)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
Molten Lava Cakes
- 4 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 large marshmallows cut in half through the equator
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a regular size muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all of the Crust ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well combined. Evenly distribute crumbs between cupcake liners, approximate 2 ½ tablespoons per liner.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and ¾ up the sides of each liner using the back of a tablespoon. They don’t have to be even or perfect.
Molten Lava Cakes
- Add butter and baking chocolate to a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until butter is melted, then stir until butter and chocolate are completely smooth. Stir in sugar until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks then then beat for 1 minute with a hand whisk. Fold in flour just until combined.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared crusts. It’s okay if the batter rises above the top of the graham crackers. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the sides are firm but the centers are still soft (but not jiggly).
- Remove from oven and top each pie with half of a marshmallow. Broil 6” away from broiler until golden, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute then remove pies using cupcake liners. Serve immediately for a molten center as the center will continue to cook as the pies cool. If you can’t serve immediately, they will still be delicious with a gooey center, just not quite as runny molten.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: