These Soft and Chewy S’mores Cookies are chewy graham cracker cookies nestled with gooey chocolate and slightly toasted marshmallows.
These S’mores Cookies are my husbands FAVORITE COOKIE that will leaving you wanting s’more!!! I originally made this S’more Cookie recipe years ago because Patrick loves s’mores so much. He fell in love and I have been making them ever since.
S’mores Cookies Recipe
Patrick and I love having beach bonfires. We have a huge fire pit that Patrick’s brother welded a stand for, so we simply plop it anywhere on the beach and get the fire blazing.
Friends will be surfing, paddle boarding, chasing kids, making sand castles, etc., but when the s’mores fixin’s come out, everyone gathers around because there’s something magical about toasted, gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate sandwiched between graham crackers that always leaves you wanting s’more…
But now you can bring America’s favorite campfire treat to your very own kitchen table with these S’mores Cookies! Patrick loves these S’mores Cookies so much that I made his favorite cookie for my favorite Valentine last week.
He liked it 🙂
And so will you! Soft, chewy, graham cracker cookies nestled with gooey chocolate and slightly toasted marshmallows…
Yeah, you might want to double or triple the recipe, even fill a jar in the kitchen, keep a stash in your purse, or your car, or into your closet because you never know when you will want s’more S’more Cookies, which I can pretty much guarantee will be all the time!
S’mores Cookies Ingredients
These chocolate chip marshmallow cookies are similar to your classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with a few extra special additions.
- Butter: Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature so it can easily be creamed together with the egg and sugars.
- Granulated sugar: Sweetens these cookies.
- Brown sugar: Makes for a slightly chewier cookie.
- Egg: Helps bind everything together.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- All-purpose flour: I have not experimented with other types of flour but I suspect gluten free baking flour or white whole wheat flour would also work.
- Graham cracker crumbs: You can buy graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store, or you can make them yourself by pulsing whole graham crackers in a food processor.
- Salt: Balances out the sweetness from the sugar, chocolate, and marshmallows.
- Baking soda: Helps the cookies rise.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips: I’m sure you could use different chocolate chip flavors, if desired.
- Hershey’s chocolate bars: Yes, I added chopped up Hershey’s bars too. What’s a s’mores without Hershey’s?
- Mini marshmallows: Don’t use regular marshmallows, as they’re far too large to fit in these cookies.
Can I Use a Graham Cracker Substitute?
If you can’t find American graham crackers where you live, try crushing up another mildly sweet, neutral flavored biscuit (like digestive biscuits or something similar).
How to Make S’mores Cookies
This s’mores dessert is easy to whip up at a moment’s notice since the cookie dough doesn’t need to be chilled.
- Cream together the butter and sugars, then mix in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies.
- Return to oven and cook until done, about 3-4 minutes.
Tips for Making S’mores Cookies
- If you can’t find Hershey’s chocolate where you live, use extra chocolate chips in the cookie dough.
- Add the marshmallows to the cookies in the last few minutes of baking so they brown but don’t turn into puddles.
- If you only have regular-sized marshmallows at home, cut them up into bite-sized pieces before pressing them into the cookies.
S’mores Cookies Variations to Try
If you add different mix-ins to these chocolate chip marshmallow cookies, you won’t wind up with authentic tasting s’mores cookies. But who cares?!
- Add nuts: You’re welcome to add chopped nuts to the cookie dough.
- Use flavored marshmallows: Marshmallows come in all sorts of flavors these days. Play around with them to see which you like best!
- Use different baking chips: I stuck to the classic s’mores flavors and used semi-sweet chocolate chips. But you could also use milk or dark chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and so on.
How to Store S’mores Cookies
These chocolate chip marshmallow cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 5-7 days. Note that the marshmallows on top will harden over time.
How to Freeze S’mores Cookie Dough
- Form cookie dough balls as instructed.
- Fit as many dough balls as you can on a parchment/nonstick lined baking sheet without touching.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze the balls until outsides are hard (about 1-2 hours).
- Transfer to a freezer bag and freeze.
- To bake: Place frozen cookie dough balls on a lined baking sheet and bake according to instructions, adding a couple extra minutes to cook time.
How to Freeze Baked S’mores Cookies
- Fit as many COOLED s’mores cookies on a parchment/nonstick mat lined baking sheet without touching.
- Place the baking sheet(s) in the freezer and freeze until solid (about 1 hour).
- Transfer to a freezer size plastic bag and freeze.
- To eat: When you want to enjoy a s’mores cookie, take it out and let it sit at room temperature, warm in the microwave at 10 second intervals, or warm it in the oven for a few minutes.
Looking for More Easy Cookie Recipes?
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
- Caramel-Stuffed Brown Sugar Cookies
- Million Dollar Cookie Pie
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies
- Carrot Cake Cookies
- Chewy Gingersnap Cookies with Lemon Frosting
WANT TO TRY THESE SOFT AND CHEWY S’MORE COOKIES?
Pin them to your cookies, dessert or chocolate Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Soft and Chewy S’more Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Hershey bars , chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Cream together butter and sugars; mix in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate chunks until well combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet about 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Remove and quickly press marshmallows into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done, about 3-4 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Recipe Source: Unknown – sorry I found them years ago!