Make ahead Almost No Bake Nutella S’mores Pie is decadently rich and creamy (seriously takes like a truffle) topped with golden marshmallows and nestled in a buttery graham cracker crust AND couldn’t be easier!
This S’mores Pie recipe is destined to become a new favorite for any chocolate or s’mores lover – its definitely one of ours – so much so it was my choice to bring to Thanksgiving! You will love that its make ahead so you can simply pull the completed pie out of the refrigerator at a second’s notice!
This indoor campfire dessert means you can devour s’mores year round, or even weekly. Because you will want to devour this Nutella S’mores Pie weekly. In fact, I made this S’mores Pie last week and my s’mores loving husband’s has already requested I make it again this weekend for his twin brothers big 4-0 birthday. So basically, this Almost No Bake Nutella S’mores Pie is SO epically delicious, it is the dessert of choice for their epic birthday. And I couldn’t agree more.
It should also be your dessert of choice for Labor Day, and Thanksgiving and your birthday. Just sayin.’
This Almost No Bake Nutella S’mores Pie begins with a generous, thick, buttery graham cracker crust which I make completely in my food processor. If you don’t have a food proessor, you can easily smash all the graham crackers with a rolling pin/side of a can, and have some fun while you’re at it. And here comes the “almost no bake” part. Even when a pie filing is no bake, I always like to bake my pie crust. I find a baked pie crust holds together much better instead of cracking and crumbling all over when slicing into the pie.
Now for the rich, smooth and creamy Nutella filling. This, you guys, is magic. I am already planning a dip based on the silky chocolate Nutella filling because I could barely pull myself away from eating it with a spoon before I poured it into the graham cracker crust. I guarantee you will have the same problem.
Its made by simply beating Nutella and mascarpone together with a dash of salt then folding in homemade beaten whipped cream – that’s it! The mascarpone proves the perfect companion to Nutella as its sweeter than cream cheese, softer in texture and is essentially a thickened cream, rather than a cheese. More cream? Totally winning.
We let our Almost No Bake Nutella S’mores Pie chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or so (can be more time, just whenever you get around to the next step) before we blanket with marshmallows. I used full size marshmallows and cut them in half through the equator so they would be gooey all the way through and toast more evenly.
We achieve toasted goldenliciousness by broiling our marshmallows for a minute or so. This is just enough time to liquefy our top layer of Nutella, so you can either eat right away but expect a more melty pie (I haven’t tried this), or I suggest refrigerating the completed pie for at least 1 hour for the Nutella to completely firm up. This is also the beauty of this recipe because once you refrigerate your S’mores Pie after broiling your marshmallows, you can forget it until its dessert time!
But its almost impossible to wait that long.
LOOKING FOR DELICIOUS PIE RECIPES?
- Mini Molten Lava S’mores Pies
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pies
- Best Ever Pecan Pie
- Ultimate Mud Pie
- Banana Coconut Pie
- Million Dollar Cookie Pie
Looking for more chocolate dessert recipes?
- Nutella Cookies
- Almost on Bake Ultimate Mud Pie
- German Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Filling
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin Crepes
- Nutella Stuffed Snickerdoodle Muffins
WANT TO TRY THIS S’MORES PIE?
Pin it to your DESSERT, CHOCOLATE, PIE or THANKSGIVING Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Almost No Bake Nutella S’mores Pie
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 whole graham cracker sheets roughly broken
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted, 1 stick
- 2 cups Nutella
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 15-17 marshmallows (regular size)
Graham Cracker Crust
- Add graham crackers and sugar to food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add melted butter and pulse a few times until combined.
- Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie pan, making a thicker rim around the edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool completely on baking rack.
- Beat Nutella, mascarpone and salt together until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream over high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into Nutella filling.
- Spread Filling into the pie shell, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 4 hours before adding marshmallows. (You can wait days between the next step – just whenever you get to it.)
- Cut marshmallows in half through the equator and evenly top pie with cut marshmallow side down. Broil for 60 seconds on the top rack or just until golden, rotating pie pan as needed until marshmallows are evenly toasted. Refrigerate pie for at least 60 minutes to ensure Nutella filling is set (I think the pie is best after 24-48 hours).
- The completed pie can be covered in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. So broil then refrigerate until you are ready to party!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original