Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary and Bacon will be the best creamed corn you ever ate!
This Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is rich, creamy, buttery, seasoned to perfection, SO easy and practically fool proof! This Creamed Corn will be the star of your Thanksgiving feast or makes an easy side dish for any occasion!
Thank you McCormick for Sponsoring this Creamed Corn Recipe. All opinions are my own.
CREAMED CORN RECIPE VIDEO
The BEST Creamed Corn Recipe
Happy almost Thanksgiving! But really every day can be a day of thanks, or maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to eat this Creamed Corn every. single. day.
To be honest, I didn’t grow up eating creamed corn. It has never been a Thanksgiving side tradition so I wasn’t sure how much I would like it the first time I made it. And to be honest, I am now in love with creamed corn. with this version of creamed corn.
This Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Ricotta, Rosemary and Bacon is the ultimate creamed corn that will have you licking the crockpot itself. I am so in love with it, in fact, I’m already concocting all sorts of ways to add some protein and make it a full on main dish so it will be somewhat less shameless when all I want to devour for dinner is creamed corn for dinner.
What is creamed corn?
Creamed corn, also known as “cream-style corn,” is an American side dish that is a creamy, almost soupy version of sweet corn. The sweet corn is partially pureed, releasing the milky substance of each kernel combined with cream cheese and/or heavy cream to create a rich, creamy bath for the corn. The whole corn and puréed corn simmered until tender to create a luxurious side that is the perfect balance of sweet and savory, fresh yet creamy.
Why is this the Best Creamed Corn ?
As I was researching other Crockpot creamed corn recipes, several comments mentioned how those recipes tasted more like corn in cream sauce instead of creamed corn. One commentor, however, shared how her grandma’s recipe actually pureed some corn and added that to the cream sauce. Bingo. So we not only puree some of the corn, we also puree it with cream cheese, ricotta, heavy cream and spices.
Just a dash of a variety of seasonings adds an additional dimension of yum to the already heavenly cream corn, making it the BEST CREAMED CORN EVER, in my humble opinion. Even the Blender Creamed Corn was so intoxicatingly delicious, I was eating it plain!
After you add your Blender Creamed Corn to the Slow Cooker, you stir it all around with some butter and let it cruise until you can’t stand it any longer. So easy, so perfectibility sweet and savory, sooooo creamy and – then there is bacon. Drool.
Crockpot Creamed Corn Ingredients
For this Creamed Corn recipe, we are going for the BEST Creamed Corn, not diet, lackluster or skimping creamed corn. Our Slow Cooker Creamed Corn includes:
- Frozen corn kernels: Using frozen corn allows you to make this Creamed Corn Recipe even when corn is no in season.
- Butter: You can use unsalted or salted butter. Doesn’t matter!
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream is a must in this recipe, there are really no good substitutions for it.
- Cream cheese: You want to use full-fat, regular cream cheese.
- Ricotta: Again, full-fat ricotta is the way to go. It makes the creamed corn ultra creamy!
- Sugar: Just 1 tablespoon is all you need to make this Thanksgiving corn recipe.
- Flour: Helps thicken up this corn side dish.
- Bacon: Used as garnish. Buy pre-cooked bacon to save time.
- Green onions: Balances out the ultra rich, creamy corn.
- Seasonings: I used a mixture of salt, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme, paprika, and onion powder.
- Heavy cream: A few readers have tried using half and half in place of the cream and have said it made the creamed corn watery. Heavy creamy is a must!
- Cream cheese: Use the kind that’s sold in a block, not the whipped type in a tub.
- Bacon: Can technically be omitted … but I love it! Use any kind of bacon you’d like.
How To Make Creamed Corn
This Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is so easy, you are going to be in love! Here is the breakdown:
- Lightly spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove 1 cup corn from the packages to blender and add the rest of the corn to the slow cooker.
- To the corn in the blender, add cream cheese, heavy cream, ricotta, sugar, flour and seasonings.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Add blender mixture to the crock pot along with butter.
- Stir until evenly combined.
- Cook on HIGH for 2-4 hours or on LOW 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with green onions and bacon. Lots and Lots of bacon.
And you have just created Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Cream Cheese, Rosemary and Bacon. You have just created the most requested, gushed over, lick-the-plate clean side of Thanksgiving. And every day.
Tips for the Best Creamed Corn
- Line your slow cooker with a slow cooker liner or grease with non-stick spray. It makes cleanup much easier!
- Don’t skip the sugar in this recipe. Just a little bit helps to sweeten this Crockpot cream cheese corn.
- This recipe makes 8 to 10 servings, but can easily be doubled.
Can I Prep Creamed Corn in Advance?
Absolutely! Follow the recipe as written, let the corn cool in the slow cooker insert, then refrigerate overnight. Simply reheat the next day in the slow cooker!
How to Store Creamed Corn
Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll last up to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Crockpot Cream Cheese Corn?
No, I don’t recommend doing so since there’s so much dairy in this recipe. I worry it’d split once frozen.
How to Reheat Creamed Corn
You can reheat this creamed corn with cream cheese in the slow cooker, in a saucepan over medium-low heat, or in the microwave.
What to Serve with Creamed Corn
- Roasted Turkey
- Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Nashville Hot Chicken
- Barbecue Pulled Pork
- Oven “Fried” Chicken
Looking for more Thanksgiving Side Dishes?
- Million Dollar Macaroni and Cheese
- Baked Beans with Brown Sugar and Bacon
- Award Winning Sweet Moist Cornbread
- Company Mashed Potatoes
- Perfect Fruit Salad with Honey Citrus Vinaigrette
- Cranberry Apple Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- Easy Glazed Carrots
- All of my Thanksgiving recipes!
Want to try this Creamed Corn Recipe?
Pin it to your SIDES, THANKSGIVING, or SLOW COOKER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like these holiday recipes: