Wonderfully crunchy, satisfying Cranberry Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is a perfect harmony of flavor and texture all doused in to-live-for bright and refreshing Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing!
This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad recipe is one of my favorite salads to come out of my kitchen! This Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad looks deceptively gourmet but is super simple to make and can be prepped ahead of time (except for the apples and pears), and unlike lettuce, the Brussels Sprouts keep exceptionally well for no hassle, stress free entertaining.
You guys, I am so in love with this Cranberry Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad I’ve already made a spring version! It’s also my winter salad of choice to serve to over 100 ladies with scrupulous palates this year at a Christmas dinner party. So serve this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad for Thanksgiving, serve it for Christmas, or just serve it this week because I can guarantee you are going to fall in love!
This Cranberry Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad has it all from the crunchy Brussels sprouts, sweet dried cranberries, crisp apples, refreshing pears, and crunchy bell peppers to the creamy feta, salty pumpkin seeds and a sweet and tangy dressing that’s destined to become one of your favorite go-to dressings. Now just imagine all that deliciousness – in one bite!
This Cranberry Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is incredibly versatile – add bacon, add broccoli, swap out the pumpkin seeds for pecans, etc. – just make sure you have some sort of sweet component (sweet apple, pear craisins, etc.), a roasted salty seed/nut and the delectable Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing to marry it all together. And above all, don’t forget the Brussels sprouts.
I didn’t grow up on Brussels sprouts so I was kind of late to the fan party, but now they are one of my absolute favorite vegetables. For those of you who don’t think you like Brussels sprouts, it is possibly because you associate them with a sulfur flavor. The bitter sulfur flavor, however, only comes from overcooking Brussels sprouts. When they are raw or cooked to crisp-tender perfection – zero bitter sulfur taste! Instead, raw, shaved Brussels sprouts taste like mildly sweet raw cabbage – just with even more wonderful crunch – which makes perfect sense because Brussels sprouts are a miniature member of the cabbage family and my new favorite for salads! Because that CRUNCH!
You can prep the entire salad ahead of time, save the apples and pears, so its ready at a seconds notice, and leftovers are equally delicious. To shave my Brussels sprouts, I sliced them the old-fashioned way with a knife, but it takes seconds with a mandolin or your food processor fitted with the slicer blade.
But any way you slice it, this Cranberry Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad will be the hero of your plate – come Thanksgiving, Christmas or all year round!
Looking for more thanksgiving recipes?
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf
- Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash
- Apple Cranberry Bacon Candied Walnut Salad
- Blackberry Honey Walnut Salad
- Secret Ingredient Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Herb Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Gruyere
WANT TO TRY THIS CRANBERRY APPLE BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD?
Pin it to your Thanksgiving, Christmas, Side or Salad Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Cranberry Apple Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts ends trimmed, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup craisins/sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 sweet apple (Fuji/Honeycrisp) chopped
- 1 pear chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds (or sunflower)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar (depending on how seeet you like it)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried minced chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Add all of the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing ingredients to a jar, cover and vigorously shake or add to a medium bowl and whisk until combined. Chill for at least one hour. Shake/stir again before using. May store for 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to coat. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss again.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
leave a review