- 1pound chicken breastspounded thin, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2pound asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1cup mango, peeled and chopped (may sub 1 chopped pineapple)*
- 1teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2cup cornstarch
- 1tsp EACH salt, garlic pwdr
- 1/2tsp EACH onion pwdr, ginger pwdr, paprika
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
Honey Lemon Sauce
- 1/2cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/4cup fresh lemon juice(about 2 lemons)
- 2tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 2-3teaspoons Sriracha/ Asian hot chili sauce(more or less to taste)
Add Honey Lemon Sauce ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Add Light Breading ingredients to a freezer bag and mix to combine. Add chicken and toss until evenly coated.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive/coconut oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Remove chicken from bag, shaking off any excess breading and add chicken to skillet; saute 4-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove to a plate and wipe out skillet.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to the now empty skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add red bell pepper and shallots and saute for 1 minute. Add asparagus, garlic and ginger and saute 30 seconds.
Stir sauce (to make sure cornstarch has not separated) and add to skillet along with mangoes and chicken. Simmer until sauce is thickened and vegetables are crisp tender, approximately 1-2 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus.
Taste and add additional salt, pepper, sriracha, if desired. Add more honey if you would like it sweeter, more lemon for more “sour/tang” to taste.
Garnish individual servings with green onions (optional).