10 Minute prep Grilled or Stove Top Chipotle Maple Chicken infused with orange juice is so incredibly juicy and bursting with sweet and tangy flavor with just the right amount of heat for the whole family. Its amazing alone, with veggies, on a salad, sandwich or wraps!
You guys, I loooove this Chipotle Maple Chicken! I’ve grilled it, made it on the stove top and even made it as a one pan meal with fingerling potatoes and broccoli (coming soon) so I hope you love it too!
The Chipotle Maple Marinade/Sauce is amazingly flavorful without being overpowering which makes this chicken incredibly versatile. I particularly love it with my Herbed Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon (an old post and pics but one of my all time favs) and a fresh green salad. And the best part is this chicken is so quick and easy you have time to make a fun side like the Herbed Gruyere Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon. Winning.
The marinade/ Chipotle Maple Glaze is a quick whisking together of pure maple syrup (not the imitation breakfast kind), apricot preserves (my favorite secret ingredient), orange juice, balsamic vinegar and splashes of soy sauce and Dijon mustard which you then divide to create your marinade and glaze. You then mix together a bevy of spices including chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano and orange zest and add most to your marinade and reserve the rest for your glaze. By adding most of the spices to the marinade the chicken emerges incredibly juicy and flavorful with a lick-your-fingers-delish complementary glaze.
Simmer your glaze until slightly thickened, slather over your chicken and/or veggies and dig into an easy, tangy, sweet heat, juicy bite of Chipotle Maple Chicken and begin dreaming of all the different ways to consume this chicken. I’m up to 57.
What Should I Serve with Chipotle Maple Chicken?
Any of the following would be fabulous!
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Corn Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Chipotle Lime Butter
- Southwest Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa Dressing
- Southwest Orzo Salad with Chipotle Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Fruit Salad with Honey Citrus Dressing
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Grilled Pineapple with Brown Sugar Orange Glaze
- Mexican Street Fries with Salsa Ketchup
- Parmesean Fingerling Potato Fries
- Outback Copycat Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Ranch
Want to try this Chipotle Maple Chicken?
PIN IT TO YOUR CHICKEN, GRILL, OR DINNER BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Chipotle Maple Chicken
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, dried basil, salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Whisk together all of the Marinade/Glaze ingredients in a medium bowl. Add ¼ cup to a large freezer bag along with chicken and ¼ cup olive oil. Reserve the rest separately for your Glaze.
- Mix together all of the Spices in a small bowl. Remove ½ teaspoon and add to Glaze. Add all remaining spices to Chicken Marinade. Marinate Chicken 2-6 hours
- When ready to cook, let the chicken sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- GRILL DIRECTIONS: Meanwhile, grease and preheat grill to medium heat, 375 to 450°F. Drain chicken from the marinade and pat dry.
- Grill the chicken undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. (An inserted thermometer should read 165 degrees F when chicken is done.)
- Meanwhile, whisk together reserved Glaze, 2 teaspoons cornstarch and ¼ cup water together in a small sauce pan. Add 2 tablespoons butter and place covered saucepan on the grill (or stove), and bring to a simmer (this can be done after chicken is cooked if you don’t have room on your grill). Once simmering, remove lid and whisk until thickened. Brush cooked chicken with glaze and serve any extra as a sauce for rice or over potatoes/vegetables.
- STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS: Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, drain chicken from marinade, pat dry and add to skillet. Cook undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 3-5 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate and tent with foil.
- Whisk together reserved Glaze, 2 teaspoons cornstarch and ¼ cup water together in now empty skillet. Add 2 tablespoons butter and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened. Brush cooked chicken with Glaze and serve any extra as a sauce for rice or over potatoes/vegetables.
**Total time does not include marinating as this will vary between individuals.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original