Sausage and Rice infused with Tex-Mex deliciousness on your table in 20 Minutes is guaranteed to become a new repeat family favorite!
This Sausage and Rice Skillet is quick, easy, and bursting with flavor from the most amazing Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Jalapeno Sauce for a hearty, comforting one pot meal the whole family will love! Make as cheesy as you want and top it with your favorite toppings of sour cream, guacamole, avocados, chips, etc.! 20 Minutes never tasted so good!
Sausage and Rice
Got 20 minutes? Then I have for you the most crave-worthy weeknight meal that belongs in your busy night back pocket. It is your answer to all your “what’s for dinner” woes when you don’t feel like cooking but still want something so SO DELISH, you are going to be craving it, making it, loving it on weekends too. And your family will be loving you for it!
One of my favorite textures is creamy, cheesy rice. Growing up, I used to curl up to the Partridge Family reruns after school with my big bowl of freshly whipped up creamy, cheesy rice and peas. So comforting. So satisfying. I loved it even more when I made extra rice so I could make it twice as fast the next day which meant I could be stuffing my mouth twice-as-soon. So in honor of easy, comforting creamy Partridge Family Rice, I created this Tex-Mex Sausage and Rice that is every bit as creamy, texture and flavor packed – and on your table in 20 minutes so your family can share more Partridge family-like moments together – maybe minus the tambourine and bell bottoms.
How to Make Sausage and Rice
The star of this 20 Minute Skillet is the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Jalapeno Sauce. I first used a variation of this sauce in Tex-Mex Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta, and I have been itching to use it again because it is just so good !
- To make the sauce, add a jar of drained roasted red peppers, onions, garlic, and jalapeno to your food process then process until smooth.
Add the Roasted Red Pepper Puree to your skillet of lightly browned juicy, savory, salty, smoky, sausage along with cumin, smoked paprika and oregano and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes with green chilies and black beans (or whatever veggies you choose) and simmer a few more minutes…
- Stir in some light cream cheese for added creaminess and to balance the acidity, followed by your cooked rice. I chose to use leftover brown rice but you can use whatever rice you have on hand or is your favorite.
- Stir in some spinach if you like – and I do like…
- Finally, top with cheese, and cover for just a minute or so for the cheese to melt…
And creamy, hearty, comforting Tex-Mex Sausage and Rice Skillet in Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Jalapeno Sauce is ready in just 20 minutes! You can serve this skillet as is, or top it with all sorts of your favorite Tex-Mex toppings- avocados, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc. The possibilities are endless! And so is the praise you will receive for this quick and easy 20 minute meal.
Looking for More Rice Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Wild Rice Soup
- Mexican Style Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Coconut Ginger Rice with Black Beans
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice
- Greek Lemon Rice
- Parmesan Risotto
- Coconut Rice with Pineapple and Cashews
Want to try this Tex-Mex Sausage and Rice Skillet?
Pin it to your Dinner, Beef or Mexican Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: