Easy, make ahead, Greek Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto will be the BEST Greek pasta salad you ever make!
This Greek Pasta Salad is the ideal stress free crowd pleasing side for all your holidays, potlucks and parties or a delicious grab and go lunch or snack!
With the official advent of Spring and warm weather upon us, its time fresh and flavorful, guilt free food, in which Greek food inherently fits. From my Greek Chicken, Greek Chicken Salad, Beef Souvlaki, Chicken Souvlaki, Italian Pasta Salad and Greek Lemon Rice, I’ve got you covered with Mediterranean cuisine.
Summer is also the time for refreshing potluck sides – sides that are easy yet DE-licious, sides that are make-ahead, sides that will be begged for again and again, sides that will disappear faster than the rest of the foodie spread, sides that are easy to serve and easy to eat – these are the sides that deserve a permanent hallowed spot at each and every foodie gathering.
For me, such sides include:
- Kicked Up Classic Creamy Potato Salad
- Moist Sweet Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian “Baked” Beans
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- and introducing this Greek Pasta Salad!
How do you make Greek pasta salad?
This Greek pasta salad is the salad you want to be seen with. Al dente rotini pasta tossed with juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, crunchy bell peppers, tangy Kalmata olives, sweet zippy red onions, creamy feta cheese all tossed in mouthwatering, flavor exploding Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto. It is super easy to make by:
- Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cool water and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large bowl to keep pasta from sticking together.
- Add cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onions and olives.
- Add all of the Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto to pasta and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving, best if overnight.
That’s it for the best Greek Pasta Salad of your life!
What is the best dressing for Greek salad?
The medley of veggies is typical of Greek Pasta Salad recipes but the Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto sets this Greek Pasta Salad above the rest. WAY above the rest. Its tangy layers of flavor are seriously so delicious you will wonder how you lived with just classic Greek Pasta Salad all your life. But live deprived no more.
To make the sublime Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto, its a quick pulsing of a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, fresh basil, almonds, feta, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. You then add this pesto to your pasta and veggies and stir to coat and refrigerate for at least 2 hours but best if overnight for the delectable Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto to infuse every pasta/veggie cell with its serious mouthwatering deliciousness.
The fact that this Greek Pasta Salad tastes even better after being stashed in the refrigerator is a huge prep ahead advantage. It tastes great for days, which means you can make it days ahead of time, just toss it with a little more olive oil if needed to add some rich moisture.
Garnish with additional feta and fresh parsley if desired and you have mouthwatering Greek Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto. You have the hit at every potluck and party!
Looking for more Pasta Salad Recipes?
- Cubano Pasta Salad with Mojo Dressing
- Po Boy Shrimp Pasta Salad
- Cowboy Pasta Salad
- Southwest Orzo Salad with Chipotle Honey Lime Dressing
- Creamy Bacon Pea Pasta Salad with Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- Southwest Tortellini Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad with Lemon Chive Dressing
Want to try this Greek Pasta Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Feta Pesto?
Pin it to your SALAD, PASTA, POTLUCK or HOLIDAY Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: