Teriyaki Chicken Salad is one of the most delicious salads you will ever sink your teeth into with epic Pineapple Sesame Dressing!
This Teriyaki Chicken Salad will have you saying OH MY YUM! This to live for salad is packed with cool, crisp veggies, sweet pineapple, salty macadamia nuts and toasted coconut all doused with fresh tangy Pineapple Sesame Dressing! But the best part is all that freshness WITH juicy, savory Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken and the Teriyaki Sauce that you you drizzle all over your salad!
I was so in love with the Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken I posted earlier, that I had to surround it with my other loves, (AKA pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts!) and make it a complete drool worthy meal – enter Teriyaki Chicken Salad!
This salad is hearty and healthy and the answer to your weeknight dinner dilemma or makes a beautiful, delicious party salad as well. I also love to pack all the leftover Teriyaki Chicken Salad into a wrap with some rice (my favorite food) for lunch the next day. The deliciousness that just keeps on giving…
LOOKING FOR MORE TERIYAKI DINNERS?
- One Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple Rice
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Salmon
- Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Pear Salsa
- Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
- Honey Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Sandwich
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp, Pineapple and Snap Peas
The Best Teriyaki Chicken
Along with fresh pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts, this Teriyaki Chicken Salad is packed with crunchy lettuce, bell peppers and carrots for a symphony of layered flavors and textures that perfectly enhance the main event of 5 Minute Prep Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken.
I substituted some of the sugar typically found in Teriyaki Chicken with Asian Sweet Chili Sauce so we not only get sweet but we get sweet heat infused with red chilies, garlic and ginger – a depth of flavor that can’t be beat. I added some cider vinegar to add back some tang and balance the sweetness along with additional garlic and ginger to create a dynamic marinade/Sauce that takes just minutes to whip up!
The Teriyaki Chicken itself can be grilled or cooked in a skillet, and is oh so juicy from the teriyaki marinade for an explosion of flavor in every tender bite. And then comes more magic…
The Best Dressing for Teriyaki Chicken Salad
When I went to Outback a while ago, Patrick ordered their Blue Cheese Wedge Salad which is drizzled with both Blue Cheese dressing and Balsamic Glaze. The dual combination was so epic that I knew I wanted to make a salad drizzled with two dressings without double the work and this Teriyaki Chicken Salad is the perfect fit (and the perfect flavors).
After you cook your chicken, you thicken some of the reserved marinade with cornstarch to create your Teriyaki Sauce that you slather all over your chicken AND drizzle all over your salad. Because you will want it all over your salad.
You then drizzle your salad with Fresh Pineapple Sesame Dressing made from pineapple, garlic, ginger honey, cider vinegar, toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds for a tangy, sweet and savory combination you will be be craving for days. Weeks.
Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Pineapple Sesame Dressing. A must this summer and all year long!
Looking for more Chicken Salad Recipes
- Caprese Chicken Salad with Creamy Balsamic Reduction Dressing
- Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Cilantro Ranch
- Mediterranean Chicken Salad with Pesto Vinaigrette
- Chipotle BBQ Chicken Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Taco Salad with Fiesta Catalina Dressing
- Asian Salad (with Chicken) with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Greek Chicken Salad with Tzatziki Dressing and Pita Croutons
- Chipotle Chicken Salad with Honey Lime Mango Dressing
- Coconut Cashew Chicken Salad with Pineapple Ginger Vinaigrette
- Garden Caesar Salad with Lemon Basil Chicken
Want to try this Teriyaki Chicken Salad Recipe with Pineapple Sesame Dressing?
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD, ASIAN OR CHICKEN BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 Recipe Sweet Chili Teriyaki Chicken <<click for recipe
- 1 small head Romaine lettuce, chopped chopped
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced thinly sliced
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped (will use 1 cup in dressing)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned then cut into thirds
- 1 cup snow peas, julienned then cut into thirds
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted* toasted*
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted* toasted*
- fried wonton strips (optional)
Pineapple Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (from whole pineapple above)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional for creamier)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- CHICKEN: Prepare chicken according to directions (click here). Chop chicken or thinly slice. Reserve extra Teriyaki Sauce to drizzle over salad.
- DRESSING: While chicken is marinating, prepare dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to food processor except canola oil and sesame seeds. Blend until smooth. Add sesame seeds and canola oil and pulse until combined. Add additional honey for sweeter or cider vinegar for tangier if desired (will depend on how sweet your pineapple is and how tangy you want it). Refrigerate. Shake or stir when ready to serve to recombine.
- SALAD: Either layer the salad starting with the lettuce on the bottom then all the vegetables and finish with pineapple, macadamia nuts, coconut and chicken OR toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl and top with pineapple, chicken, macadamia nuts and coconut. Drizzle with reserved Teriyaki Glaze and Pineapple Sesame Dressing. Note: If your Teriyaki Sauce has become too thick to drizzle, simply whisk in some water to thin.
**All ingredients are guidelines – add more or less according to taste.
***Total time does not include marinating chicken as this will vary between individuals.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
leave a review