These Cornbread Muffins bursting with sweet Blueberries are my favorite cornbread anything! You will never go back to regular cornbread again!
These easy Cornbread Muffins take just 25 minutes from Start to Finish! They are tender, moist, and buttery infused with sweet maple and bursts of juicy blueberries. These Blueberry Cornbread Muffins are perfect for brunch, barbecues, potlucks. etc. and the leftovers are equally delicious reheated for breakfast slathered in butter, honey or jam – but honestly I just eat my Cornbread Muffins plain because they are THAT good!
I posted these insanely delicious Cornbread Muffins last March 2014 (my second month of blogging) because I just had to share them with the rest of the world right away.
So I understood a couple weeks ago when my Cornbread Muffin craving came again (it comes often), that I had to make them again right away but this craving time, I decided to re-shoot the mouthwatering morsels – and of course eat them along the way – so hopefully more people could fall in love with them as much as me. But just a warning: You might never go back to regular cornbread muffins (or cornbread anything for that matter!) once you know cornbread can taste THIS! good.
And taste I did…
Yeah, all these half eaten cornbread muffins aren’t just for show – I just couldn’t stay away. Once you taste them, you’ll understand the craving for light pillows of crazy moist buttery cornbread texture infused with maple sweetness so you don’t even need honey or butter, but not so sweet that you feel gross, after eating three, or was it five? in a row.
To top off that deliciousness, the cornbread muffins are speckled with sweet blueberry explosions that perfectly compliment the cornbread texture/flavor. They are a dream breakfast, side, snack, potluck, barbecue or tasty treat. Basically, they are a dream anything you want them to be and that dream can be your reality in just 25 minutes!
What Ingredients do I need for Cornbread Muffins?
These Cornbread Muffins boast a 3:1 cornmeal to flour ratio so they are the corniest muffins around without being dry and grainy due to the buttermilk, eggs, butter, and maple syrup. The maple syrup is a humectant, which means it attracts moisture and keeps the muffins super moist and tender. To make these Cornbread Muffins, you will need:
- blueberries: I don’t recommend frozen blueberries because they add too much moisture to the batter.
- yellow cornmeal: I prefer fine cornmeal but whatever your grocery store carries will be fine.
- all-purpose flour: I have not tried these Cornbread Muffins with a different flour but I am sure gluten free flour such as Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free would work great.
- granulated sugar: you can reduce the sugar if you would like a less sweet cornbread but I think it is just right
- baking powder: the secret ingredient that helps the Cornbread Muffins rapidly rise and bake into light and tender muffins.
- buttermilk: you can make DIY buttermilk by adding 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar to a 1 cup measuring cup then adding milk to fill the cup. Give it a swirl and wait 10 minutes or so until bubbles form on the top.
- butter: make sure you us unsalted butter
- pure maple syrup: use quality pure maple syrup and not the imitation breakfast kind. ey is a humectant, which means that it attracts water and keeps the cakes from becoming dry.
How do you make sweet cornbread muffins?
What Should I Serve with Cornbread Muffins?
These Cornbread Muffins are fabulous on their own for breakfast or the perfect side to the main course such as:
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Nashville Hot Chicken
- Barbecue Pulled Pork
- Barbecue Chicken Kebabs
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
Can I freeze Cornbread Muffins?
Yes! To freeze Cornbread Muffins:
- Cool Cornbread Muffins completely.
- Place muffins on a baking tray so they are not touching then place in the freezer.
- Freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Wrap Cornbread Muffins individually in plastic wrap then place them all in a freezer size bag.
- When ready to eat, remove muffin from plastic wrap and microwave at 20 second intervals or warm in the oven at 350°F 10 minutes or until heated through.
No matter what you serve your Cornbread Muffins with, just by making them you have made everyone else’s dreams come true too.
But just be warned. Like dreams, these Cornbread Muffins vanish into thin air and you are left with the memory of something wonderful.
You will never go back…
Want to try this Cornbread Muffins Recipe?
Pin it to your BREAD, MUFFINS, BREAKFAST or SIDES Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Looking for more bread recipes?
- Easy Garlic Parmesan Butter Breadsticks
- Perfect Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- Sweet Orange Roll Breadtwists
- Mom’s Famous Pumpkin Bread
- Lenon Bread
- Pesto Pull Apart Bread
- Bacon Ranch Pull Apart Bread
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like these potluck sides: