Fire up your grill and turn your favorite barbecue chicken into BBQ Chicken Kebabs! Tender, juicy, spice rubbed BBQ chicken skewers smothered in sweet and tangy barbecue sauce will be a new family and company favorite!
Barbecue Sauce. I can’t think of a more beloved all American sauce. It makes everything better. Whether smothering Ribs (a must try), steak taquitos (my very first post!), pork, chicken wings, chicken tenderloins, or any kind of chicken, its sweet and tangy sauciness moistens and infuses every bite with lip smacking deliciousness.
So naturally, in order to create the best barbecue chicken with the most surface area to be coated in an intoxicating spice blend including smoked paprika, brown sugar, and chili powder then smothered in spell bounding homemade barbecue sauce, I chose to create barbecue chicken shish kebabs (small pieces of meat grilled on a skewer).
These chicken skewers are my go to grill recipe because not only are they delish, they don’t require any marinating, simply coating them with a little olive oil, then spices. Once grilled (or broiled) for 8-10 minutes, the tender spiced morsels are brushed with barbecue sauce so the barbecue sauce caramelizes and becomes even more delicious.
Now I am sure you have your favorite barbecue sauce, but I implore you to give this homemade version a try. Its a super simple whisking of reserved spices from your Chicken Rub with ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, cider vinegar, Dijon and butter for extra silkiness. You will fall in love.
And once you brush it on all over your barbecue chicken kebabs, you will stay in love forever with BBQ Chicken Kebabs. forever and forever.
Looking for more summer recipes?
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
- Pineapple Peanut Thai Chicken Satay
- Berry Salad in Mascarpone
- Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
- Chipotle BBQ Chicken Salad with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch
- Strawberry Broccoli Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Mini Strawberry Pies with Sugar Cookie Crust
WANT TO TRY THESE BBQ CHICKEN KEBABS?
PIN IT TO YOUR GRILL OR CHICKEN BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
Tools Used in This Recipe
BBQ Chicken Kebabs
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (4-6 breasts) chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon reserved Spices (in directions)
- If using wooden skewers, soak for at least 30 minutes in water before grilling or broiling.
- Mix all of the Chicken Rub Ingredients together in a small bowl. Remove 1 teaspoon spices to a small saucepan for the Barbecue Sauce.
- Add chicken to large bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; toss evenly to coat. Add Chicken Rub and toss evenly to coat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Set aside.
- To the small saucepan with the 1 teaspoon spices, add all of the BBQ Sauce ingredients and heat over medium heat until butter is melted and sauce is heated through.
- TO GRILL: Generously grease grill and heat to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for approximately 8-10 minutes, rotating every couple minutes until nicely browned and slightly charred on each side and chicken is cooked through.
- Brush tops of chicken with barbecue sauce, flip and cook for about one minute then brush top side of chicken, flip and cook for one minute. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
- TO OVEN BROIL: Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add the skewers in a single layer and broil, turning every 5 minutes until cooked through, about 10- 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken. Brush cooked chicken with BBQ Sauce and broil 1-2 minutes to caramelize. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
leave a review