Brisket Sandwiches with Coleslaw are the king of all sandwiches!
Brisket Sandwiches with juicy, flavor exploding, melt in your mouth barbecue brisket piled on cheesy toasted buns with crunchy, light coleslaw – drool – will be your go-to company meal! They’re super easy to make in the slow cooker, completely customizable, make ahead friendly and the brisket reheats beautifully!
BEEF BRISKET VIDEO
Best Brisket Sandwich
With Father’s Day around the corner and potlucks galore, it’s time for easy Beef Brisket Sandwiches! These luxuriously rich, hearty Brisket Sandwiches are summer comfort food at its most drool worthy. They’re the ultimate stress free company dinner because the brisket can be made days in advance then reheated for easy entertaining. Add a side of Brown Sugar Bacon Baked Beans, Million Dollar Mac and Cheese and Award Winning Cornbread, Perfect Fruit Salad and Grilled Corn on the Cob and you have the best summer barbecue plate in town.
But even without the extra sides, this brisket is show-stopping fabulous. And don’t worry, even if you’ve never made brisket before, you will find this recipe super EASY without any fancy smoker equipment, but with restaurant-worthy results.
As I mentioned when I first shared my Beef Brisket recipe, this is Patrick and my most favorite barbecue food. No joke. And to have the best Brisket Sandwiches, you need the best brisket! This brisket is exceptional because:
- It’s rubbed in a tantalizing spice rub of paprika, brown sugar, chili powder, chipotle powder, onion powder, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper. The rub is not too spicy, not too sweet, but just plain flavorful.
- It is oven seared which seals in the spices/juices, renders some of the fat and adds a depth and complexity of flavor that can’t be achieved any other way.
- It is slathered in the “BEST Barbecue Sauce” according to readers that I also use in my Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs. Readers claim they will never use another barbecue sauce again!
- It’s slow cooked all day to achieve exceptionally tender, melt-in-your-mouth juicness.
Now all that’s left to make it your personal BEST Brisket Sandwich is to choose your favorite toppings and cheese!
Leftover Brisket Sandwich Recipe
This Leftover Brisket Sandwich recipe was born because serving hearty, rich barbecue brisket on a toasted, cheesy bun topped with fresh, tangy coleslaw is our favorite way to devour brisket. The sandwiches are finger-lickin’ good – literally – and you will love that you can make them in advance.
While Brisket Sandwiches may seem complicated, they are actually super simple with most of the cooking time spent in the slow cooker – so you can be off your feet – and so your house won’t be drowning in heat all day – just be swimming in the smell of sensational rich, smoky brisket.
The brisket holds its shape so you can either slice the meat it or shred it, which means you don’t have to worry too much about overcooking your beef brisket because it will hold together to the point of being shreddable. When I cooked this beef brisket, it was sooooo tender but I was still able to slice it AND I was still able to easily shred it as well.
The brisket can be made entirely in advance for these Brisket Sandwiches so if you have friends over, the only thing you’ll have to do is assemble the sandwiches when they arrive.
To make Beef Brisket Sandwiches in advance (pick one):
- After your beef brisket is cooked, remove the slow cooker ceramic insert and refrigerate it with the brisket and all the juices for 1-3 days – without shredding or slicing it. Not only does the flavor improve, it becomes even more tender and makes prep the next day a snap. When ready to serve, simply skim off the hardened fat then cook on low for 1-2 hours until warmed through then shred/slice.
- OR Make the beef brisket to completion, including shredding it. If you do this, then I would be sure to reserve some barbecue sauce so you can add some sauce to when you reheat the meat. You can reheat your shredded brisket on LOW in the slow cooker, stove or oven.
Brisket Sandwich Condiments
Brisket Sandwiches can be as dressed up or as dressed down as you would like. You can serve them plain with just a bun and barbecue sauce smothered beef brisket or add cheese or tangy, light coleslaw as I’ve detailed below.
If you’re looking to dress up your Brisket Sandwiches, you can include one or more of the below ideas or create a topping bar so your eaters can customize their own sandwiches to create their very own Best Brisket Sandwich.
- pickled vegetables
- onion jam
- onion rings
- horseradish sauce
- hot sauce
Best Cheese for Brisket Sandwiches
As far as cheese go, the possibilities are endless! I like something with a little more bite like sharp white cheddar or pepper jack but even more subtle cheeses like smoky Gruyere would be fabulous depending on what you’re looking for. Your guests can even pick their own cheese before it’s melted! I think any of the following would be delish:
- sharp white cheddar
- sharp cheddar
- Pepper Jack
- Monterrey Jack
They key to cheese on brisket sandwiches is to not melt the cheese on the buns too far in advance otherwise you end up with cold cheese that looses it’s ooh la la cheesy factor. Rather, you can assemble you’re the buns with the cheese on them but wait to actually melt the cheese until you are ready to assemble the sandwiches. Also, you want a healthy dose of cheese otherwise the cheesiness will just get lost. And you can never go wrong with more cheese!
How to Serve Brisket Sandwiches
Brisket Sandwiches with Coleslaw are already obsessive worthy and don’t need a lot to turn the hunky sandwich into a complete meal. You can serve them with a simple green salad, potato chips and watermelon and call it delicious ooooooor you can get a little more fun and flirty with any of these plethora of satisfying sides:
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Fingerling Potato Fries
- Hawaiian Baked Beans
- Strawberry Avocado Broccoli Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad with Lemon Chive Dressing
- Bacon Pea Creamy Pasta Salad
- Creamy Grape Salad
- Pina Colada Fruit Salad
- Corn Salad with Citrus Honey Dressing
- Kicked Up Classy Creamy Potato Salad
- Company Mashed Potatoes
Want to try this Brisket Sandwich Recipe?
Pin it to your SLOW COOKER, BARBECUE, MEAT or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Carlsbad Cravings Original©