- 8-10 Hawaiian Sandwich Bunsor regular hamburger buns
- 2pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple (in 100% juice)NOT DRAINED
- 1cup ketchup
- 1/4cup molasses
- 2tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1tsp EACH chili powder, salt
- 1/2tsp EACH ground ginger, smoked paprika, pepper
- Hot sauce to taste
Brown hamburger and onions together in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up any clumps. Add garlic and cook 30 additional seconds. Drain any excess fat.
Add all remaining Hawaiian BBQ Sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste and add additional cider vinegar for tangier or more brown sugar for sweeter if desired.
Serve on Hawaiian sandwich buns or traditional hamburger buns. Enjoy!