Mega soft and chewy Nutella Cookies are my absolute favorite chocolate cookie with a whole cup of Nutella mixed right into the batter!
This Nutella Cookies recipe is completely customizable! Mix anything you want into the batter to create Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies for 4th of July or Andes Nutella Cookies for Christmas!
Whether you looooove Nutella or are just a chocolate lover in general, you will looooove this Nutella Cookie recipe! Honestly, I thought they were going to be good, but they are even better than I could have imagined. After Patrick sunk his teeth into our new obsession, his first words were, “Are you kidding me?!” No, I would not kid about something as important as Nutella Cookies. Patrick, you might have finally found a cookie to rival your favorite S’mores Cookies.
These Nutella Cookies are definitely making it onto my plate of Christmas neighbor/friend goodies this year. Do you have a tradition of holiday neighbor/friend cookie exchange? Every since I was a little girl, it has been a tradition to load up plates and plates of all our favorite Christmas treats and bring them to friends and neighbors. Making and sampling these cookies, bars and popcorn while singing along to the good ol’ stuff like Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” by The Carpenters, “Silent Night”by Ella Fitzgerald and many more are some of my most cherished memories.
My family never missed a year to spread this good cheer with Christmas plates loaded with Mom’s Famous Mint Brownies, Rice Krispie Wreaths (with ornaments out of skittles and bows out of red vines), and Sugar Cookies, and now I have a new favorite to add to the list, these Nutella Cookies!
How To Make Nutetlla Cookies
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a stand or hand held mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until incorporated after each addition. Add Nutella and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon just until combined. Add 1 cup desired Add-Ins and stir just until combined. Cover mixing bowl and chill dough in the refrigerator for 4 hours up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick mats.
- Scoop dough into heaping 2 tablespoon size balls and evenly space 6 balls per one cookie sheet. Bake each batch of cookies for 12-14 minutes or until edges are set and center look underdone. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.
How to Customize Nutella Cookies
To make these Nutella Cookies more “Christmasy,” I like to add a cup of Andes’ Creme Baking Bits. It infuses them with peppermint without tasting over the top or too much like a candy cane. Here are some more add-in ideas:
- Reese’s Pieces (as pictured, my fav)
- chocolate chipis
- butterscotch chips
- toffee bits
- Andes’ Creme De Menthe Baking Bits Baking Chips (perfect for Christmas)
Another personal favorite of mine (and Patrick’s) is the Reese’s Pieces made for ice cream (the orange yellow candies in the pics). They have a crunchy outside with chocolate inside that blends beautifully with the soft and chewy Nutella Cookies.
And you can’t go wrong with these Nutella Cookies bursting with hazelnut chocolate in every bite. Whether you make these cookies for Christmas or make them for a barbecue in July, I know you are going to looooove these Customizable Nutella Cookies!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with lots and lots of Nutella Cookies!
Looking for more Cookie Recipes?
Want to try this Customizable Nutella Cookies?
Pin it to your COOKIES, DESSERT or HOLIDAY Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: