This Easy Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring is SO ADDICTING! Patrick and I couldn’t stop eating this appetizer (or our dinner) and then I was craving it for daaaaaaays. If you make one holiday or game day appetizer this season, this should be it! This Sausage Pesto Ring looks super impressive but you won’t believe how easy it is!
How to Make Sausage Pesto Ring
Guys, I am super excited about December posts! While last month’s posts were tailored to Thanksgiving Recipes, December’s posts are packed with holiday (or game day) appetizers and desserts and then next month we can get back into lighter, family meal fair (and if you need some lighter dinners in the meantime, click HERE), but for now, it is going to be an absolutely indulgently delicious month, starting with this Easy Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring!
And indulge we did. Patrick and I could not stop eating this appetizer. Like for real. It wasn’t even warm anymore by the time hubs go home, but that didn’t stop him from, saying “seriously???!!” and eating and eating and eating. And I was craving and craving and craving. I’m still craving this Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring.
This Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring was inspired by a recipe in Better Homes and Gardens Magazine that I had stuffed in my purse and was flipping through while waiting an hour for a doctors appointment. I am so glad they were behind that day. I competitively change the original recipe to make it jaw dropping delicious (more sausage, added onion, red pepper flakes, cream cheese, etc.) but I am super grateful for the inspiration and method. The possibilities for stuffing cheesy rings are now endless and I’m just wondering how many ring recipes I can get away with sharing each month like (like this new Buffalo Chicken Dip Ring)…..But I’ll start with this favorite first of biscuit dough stuffed with creamy, cheesy, pesto spiced Italian sausage, loaded with more cheese then slathered in butter.
To make, first, brown your sausage with onions and red pepper flakes then stir in pesto and cream cheese until melted and combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and try not to eat all of the savory, creamy, comforting filling on its own.
Next, separate store bought biscuits and top each biscuit with a heaping tablespoon sausage pesto mixture followed by 1 tablespoon Italian Cheese blend.
Stack four biscuits together, turn on their side and place in buttered bundt pan. Repeat with the remaining biscuits, arranging biscuit stacks in pan to create a ring. If you have extra sausage pesto mixture, stuff it in between some of the biscuits because you can never have too much sausage pesto. Drizzle ring with 2 tablespoons melted butter…
Then bake Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with one cup additional cheese and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted then broil to golden, bubbly perfection.
And then DIG IN! And let the cravings and yearnings begin for the next time you can make this otherwordly Easy Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring!
Looking for more party food recipes?
- Alice Springs Chicken French Bread Pizza
- Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs
- Cheesy Chili Dip
- Crispy Crab Cakes with Tomatillo Jalapeno Dip
- Cheesy Baked BBQ Pork Taquitos
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Fondue
Want to try this Easy Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring?
Pin it to your APPETIZER, HOLIDAY or GAME DAY Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Easy Cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened,
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 3 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste (I didn’t use any)
- 2 16.3 oz. pkgs. refrigerated biscuits (I use Pillsbury Grand)
- 8 oz. shredded Italian cheese blend, divided (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup bundt pan with 2 tablespoons softened butter. Set aside.
- Cook sausage, onions and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium high heat until sausage is cooked through. Stir in pesto and cream cheese until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay biscuits out separately on a flat surface. Top each biscuit with a heaping tablespoon sausage pesto mixture followed by 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Stack four biscuits together, turn on their side and place in bundt pan. Repeat with the remaining biscuits, arranging biscuit stacks in pan to create a ring. If you have extra sausage pesto mixture, stuff it in between some of the biscuits. Drizzle ring evenly with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake Ring for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese (about 1 cup) and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and cheese is melted. Broil cheese until golden, watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
- Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Serve warm.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
©Carlsbad Cravings Original inspired by Better Homes and Gardens, Fall Baking, 2015 Pg. 45