Mexican Chicken and Rice is wonderfully, creamy cheesy, quick and easy – all in one pot in 30 minutes!
This Chicken and Rice Skillet is the ultimate hearty Mexican comfort food that your family will BEG you to make again and again! Quick, easy and exploding with Southwest flavors and textures with only one pan to wash! Also AH-mazing as burrito or taco filling or a base for taco salad!
Mexican Chicken and Rice
My passion for Mexican flavors and One Pot Meals unite to create this obsessive worthy One Skillet Mexican Chicken and Rice! I could seriously eat this every single day, its just that good and hits all the check marks in my Mexican comfortlicious book from ooegy gooey cheese, to hearty rice (I’m obsessed with my Cilantro Lime Rice and Restaurant Style Mexican Rice ) to a rainbow of spices, to crisp lettuce, zesty Homemade Salsa, or Salsa Verde, refreshing sour cream or Jalapeno Ranch all dug into by salty tortilla chips. A symphony of flavors and textures in every addicting bite. So addicting.
So addicting in fact, Patrick (not a leftover fan), wanted to go out to a local Mexican restaurant but I still had leftovers of this One Skillet Mexican Chicken and Rice, so I told him this skillet was SO much better than anything at that restaurant so I was going got eat this Mexican Chicken and Rice instead but I would still go with him after. And I did. And my mouth was happy. And my belly. And my soul.
So aside from being better-than-restaurant-delish, this One Skillet Mexican Chicken and Rice is super simple to make – a no fuss, no stress, no think dinner if ever there was one. And with only ONE pot to wash, its definitely a weekday meal life saver if ever there was one. And definitely a new entire family favorite if ever there was one.
How to Make Mexican Chicken and Rice
To make this easy Mexican Chicken and Rice:
- First, saute your onions for a few minutes then add your chicken and cook a few minutes to seal in the juices.
- Next its as easy as adding all your remaining skillet ingredients including enchilada sauce, rice, sweet corn, fire roasted tomatoes, green chilies and a rainbow of Mexican spices including cumin, chili powder, ancho chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low until your rice is tender, allowing the chicken and rice to drink in all the fiestalicious flavors.
- Then the magic that pushes this skillet from really good to can’t stop-eating-great – refried beans. That’s right – you stir them into the skillet until nice and smooth, infusing the One Skillet Mexican Chicken and Rice with creaminess and then you stir in cheddar cheese until smooth, infusing the Mexican Chicken and Rice Skillet with cheesiness. Yes, I did say addicting.
- Top your Mexican Chicken and Rice with more cheeses, cover, and let melt.
- Serve with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, guacamole and either sour cream or my Easy Jalapeno Ranch. I actually whipped up the ranch for another recipe I’m sharing this week and then I decided to drizzle it all over my Mexican Chicken and Rice. And strongly suggest you do the same.
- Finally, dig in with lots and lots of chips. You can crush and pile them on top or I just like to eat mine right out of the pan like Taco Salad Dip because – more salty, crunch chips in every bite. Happy crunching.
Want to try this Mexican Chicken and Rice Recipe?
Pin it to your MEXICAN, CHICKEN or DINNER Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
©Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: