Creamy Maple Dijon Chicken with Potatoes and Spinach makes a complete one skillet meal in under 30 minutes! This flavor bursting chicken is your answer to “what’s for dinner” when you only have time and/or energy for a quick, easy meal that still tastes scrumdiddlyumptious!
If you have been on Pinterest lately, you might have noticed One Skillet Chicken Dinners are popping up everywhere! I don’t tend to follow food trends – never jumped on the cauliflower rice/pizza crust bandwagon, I still don’t make anything with kale or quinoa because I simply don’t like them, but the One Skillet Chicken Dinners is one trend I loooove. In fact, I posted my first one skillet chicken dinner my second month of blogging: Apple Juice and Dijon Braised Cheddar Chicken with Broccoli and Rice. It might sound crazy, but trust me, it is sooooo good!
Some of my other favorite chicken skillet dinners include my Sticky Thai Peanut Orange Chicken, Skillet Chicken Fajitas, 30 Minute Chicken Panang Curry, Parmesan Pesto Chicken Skillet and Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce, just to name a few.
And now introducing Maple Dijon Chicken Skillet to the list! Its quick and easy, uses pantry friendly ingredients, and is a meal all in one!
The chicken is rubbed with salt, basil, paprika, garlic and onion powder and cooked to golden perfection for juicy, flavorful chicken.
Meanwhile, you give your fingerling potatoes a head start by microwaving them for 5 minutes then add them to your skillet along with fresh garlic, some heavy cream and chicken broth….
Stir in some tangy Dijon mustard, pure maple syrup (not the imitation breakfast kind) then let your potatoes simmer in the Maple Dijon Sauce to soak up the flavor until tender and the sauce has thickened (will thicken more upon standing), then stir in your spinach and then add your chicken back to the skillet.
Garnish with creamy, salty feta cheese and fresh parsley and you have winner winner Maple Dijon Chicken Skillet dinner in 30 minutes! Let’s eat!
Looking for more easy Chicken Dinner Recipes?
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- Honey Mustard Chicken with Potatoes and Green Beans
- Skillet Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Parmesan Pesto One Skillet Chicken
- Honey Dijon Glazed Chicken
- Cajun Honey Mustard Chicken
- Chicken in Coconut Mango Verde Sauce
Want to try this 30 Minute Maple Dijon Chicken Skillet?
Pin it to your CHICKEN, DINNER or 30 MINUTE MEAL Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
30 Minute Maple Dijon Chicken Skillet
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced horizontally to create 4 thin fillets
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, unpeeled, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp EACH salt, dried basil, paprika
- 1/2 tsp EACH garlic pwdr, onion pwder
- 1/4 tsp EACH pepper, dried thyme
Dijon Maple Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups baby spinach
- feta cheese
- fresh parsley
- crumbled bacon
- Add potatoes to a microwave safe dish and add 3 tablespoons water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Spice Rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Remove 1 tablespoon (you use these Reserved Spices for the sauce later). To the remaining spices, stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add Chicken and massage with spices until evenly coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until very hot. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 2-3 minutes, flip, cover, and reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes or until completely cooked through. Transfer to plate and tent with foil.
- To the remaining juices/oil in the now empty skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and garlic and saute 1 minute. Add Dijon, maple syrup, heavy cream, chicken broth and reserved spices. Simmer until sauce has thickened and potatoes are cooked through. Stir in spinach and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and heat through. Garnish with feta, bacon and fresh parsley (optional).
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
leave a review