This simple Pecan Crust recipe is perfect for any kind of pie! The crust can be made as a no-bake crust, or it can be baked.
Easy thick, buttery, NO FAIL Brown Sugar Pecan Graham Cracker Crust with only 4 ingredients is perfect for every pie! You need this in your dessert back pocket!
Easy Pecan Crust Recipe
I really wish “dessert back pocket” was a literal thing. Yum. Anyhoo, it’s November which means it is officially PIE TIME!
At our Thanksgivings every year, we stuff ourselves with turkey, potatoes, rolls, green beans, etc. to the point of a food coma. We are all so full that we have to wait for dessert. Now that’s full. A couple hours later when our stomach muscles can move again, we begin the pie feast. The best kind of feast.
So in eager anticipation of pie feasting, I bring you this Brown Sugar Pecan Graham Cracker Crust that you need in your life! It is no fail, SO easy and delicious, goes with almost any pie, way better than store bought and made extra special by the addition of nutty pecans all balanced by the butter and brown sugar.
Now, I usually don’t like crust enough to just eat it plain – but I was literally eating this homemade graham cracker crust with pecans straight out of my food processor. Soon you’ll taste why…
This Brown Sugar Pecan Graham Cracker Crust is begging to be filled with anything your heart desires and your mind can dream up!
This pecan crust is so good and so easy you will be making pies before and after Thanksgiving! Life as it should be.
Pecan Crust Ingredients
This can be made as a no bake graham cracker crust, or as a traditional baked graham cracker crust. Either way, the ingredients list is the same:
- Graham crackers: You’ll need to use 6 whole sheets of graham crackers, which is roughly 1 cup of crumbs.
- Pecans: Use raw, unsalted pecans for this easy graham cracker crust recipe.
- Unsalted butter: I prefer using unsalted butter in my baked goods so I can control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar works nicely in this recipe because it sweetens the crust and adds a slight molasses flavor.
How to Make a Pecan Crust
To make this easy, 4-ingredient pecan crust, simply add your pecans and graham crackers to your food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
Add in your butter and brown sugar and process until pecans and graham crackers are finely ground and the butter and brown sugar are completely incorporated.
Then pour into your pie pan.
Next, press your pecan/graham cracker mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of your pan. I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to compact the bottom.
And I like to use my knuckles as an edge guide for the top of the crust.
Tips for Making a Pecan Crust
- Use fresh graham crackers: Don’t use stale graham crackers to make this pecan pie crust recipe. You want the crumbs to be crispy so the pie crust has a nice texture.
- Buy pre-made crumbs: If you don’t have a food processor, you can also buy pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store.
- Use unsalted butter: I almost always add salt to my desserts to enhance the flavor and balance out the sweetness. However, I always use unsalted butter since different brands contain different amounts of salt!
Recipe Variations to Try
- Make it gluten-free: This graham cracker-pecan crust can easily be made gluten-free by using your favorite gluten-free graham crackers.
- Use different nuts: I love making this homemade graham cracker crust with pecans, but pistachios, walnuts, or another neutral nut can be used too.
- Use flavored graham crackers: Depending on the dessert you’re making, you could experiment with using flavored graham crackers to make this pecan crust. Chocolate or cinnamon graham crackers would taste great with the pecans!
Can I Prep This Crust in Advance?
Yes! You can completely prepare the homemade graham cracker crust 24 hours in advance of filling and cover with plastic wrap.
How to Store a Pecan Crust
If storing just the graham cracker-pecan pie crust, you’ll need to cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it (if no-bake) or leave it on the counter (if baked). One you add the filling, the way you store the entire pie will be determined by what the pie is.
Can I Freeze This Pecan Crust?
Yes! Cover the homemade graham cracker crust with a few layers of plastic wrap (press tightly to the crust) and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place on your counter overnight.
Looking for Easy Pie Recipes?
- Mississippi Mud Pie
- Best Pecan Pie
- Pear Pie
- Million Dollar Cookie Pie
- Mini Caramel Apple Pies
- Praline Pumpkin Pie
- Banana Coconut Cream Pie
- Nutella S’mores Pie
- All of my Thanksgiving recipes!
Carlsbad Cravings Original
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: