These crazy juicy Asian Burgers are bursting with flavor AND they can be on your table in minutes! The smothering of Hoisin Ketchup, Garlic Chili Mayo and Asian Slaw take this burger to a whole new level of deliciousness!
I love a good burger. A juicy, flavor packed burger with plenty of sauce. I want. I crave. I need.
Although I love hamburgers, I have only posted one other burger recipe on my site and all too often find my self in the guilty pleasure fast food line gauntlet. So these Asian Burgers were an especially good reminder at just how EASY burgers are to make at home and crazy fast to cook, not to mention 1000X more juicy and flavorful.
The beef is mixed with splashes of soy, hoisin, lime juice, basil and ground ginger and of course garlic and red onion. I also added Asian Chili Garlic Sauce which if you don’t want to buy just for this recipe – trust me – you will use it all the time! Its a staple at our house just like salt and pepper. It definitely has a kick, so use 1 teaspoon for very kid friendly, 3 teaspoons if you like heat. Either way, be prepared for a flavor explosion in every messy bite.
The hamburgers get slathered with Eats meets West Hoisin Ketchup which is simply ketchup whisked with hoisin, soy sauce and lime juice. And is simply delicious.
And to add a little crunch, whisk your angel hair coleslaw and matchstick carrots with rice vinegar, lime juice and a touch of sesame oil.
Cocoon it all in a bun smothered with Chili Garlic Mayo because few foodie things are sadder than a dry bun. And fewer bites are more cravilicious than Asian Burgers with Hoisin Ketchup and Garlic Chili Mayo. That’s one burger that’s worth staying home for.
Looking for More Asian recipes?
- Asian BBQ Salmon
- Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Pear Salsa
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken
- Sweet and Spicy Orange Chicken Tenders
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
Want to try this Asian Burger?
PIN IT TO YOUR DINNER OR ASIAN BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES! I AM ALWAYS PINNING :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Asian Burger with Hoisin Ketchup
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-3 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce (like Sambal Oelek)*
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon quality hoisin (Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp EACH salt, dried basil, garlic pwdr
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Chili Garlic Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili garlic sauce (optional)
- Add egg to a large bowl and gently whisk. Add all remaining Hamburger Ingredients and mix with your hands just until combined. Form mixture into 4 equal patties roughly the size of your hamburger buns then make a deep impression in the middle of each patty with your thumb (this will help the burgers cook evenly). Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all of the Hoisin Ketchup ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- Whisk together Chili Garlic Mayonnaise ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate.
- Add coleslaw and carrots to a large bowl and toss with remaining Asian Slaw ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add patties and cook until brown and slightly charred on one side, about 3-4 minutes, flip, reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook an addition 3-5 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Spread hamburger buns with Chili Garlic Mayonnaise, top with Asian hamburgers, top with Hoisin Ketchup followed by Asian Slaw and dig in!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original