- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2tsp EACH salt, cream of tartar, cinnamon
- 1/4tsp EACH ground cloves, ground ginger
- 16tablespoon unsalted buttersoftened*
- 1cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1oz. Cream Cheesesoftened*
- 1 egg
- 2 large hard cooked egg yolkspressed through fine mesh strainer
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3cup eggnog
Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4tablespoons unsalted buttersoftened*
- 2 1/4cups Powdered sugar
- 4oz. softened cream cheese cut into 8 pieces**
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp EACH ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon
- 1-2tablespoons eggnog
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick liner and set aside.
Whisk together all of the Dry ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter, sugars and cream cheese until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
Beat in whole egg just until combined. Add egg yolks, vanilla extract and eggnog and beat just until combined.
With mixer on low, slowly add flour mixture and beat just until combined– don’t overmix!
Drop dough by the heaping tablespoon at least 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets (you will need to use a cookie scoop as dough is very wet/sticky). Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are set. Let cool for 3 minutes then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
EGGNOG CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Beat butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar with handled mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to medium-high and add cream cheese, 1 piece at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Add vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and eggnog and beat to combine. Beat in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar. Add additional eggnog, if needed, a teaspoon at a time to reach desired consistency. Evenly spread frosting on cooled cookies. Garnish with crushed candy canes if desired.