Peppermint Eggnog Brownie Cups! Rich peppermint brownies filled with a layer of eggnog chocolate, sprinkled with candy canes and drizzled with semi-sweet chocolate – gluten free and easy enough to make for all your friends!
This is not a health blog, diet blog or gluten free blog.
Or is it????
A while back I asked my readers on Facebook what types of recipes they were hoping to see and many responded with “Gluten Free.” Well, I am going to do you one better. I am going to show you how any recipe thats glutenous because of the flour can become gluten free simply by replacing the flour with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour. SO easy! No need to deprive yourself of glutenous (or would gluttonous be more appropriate?) recipes ever again!
You might be thinking this sounds too good to be true or that you have tried other gluten free flours and they don’t work but Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour does work! It is formulated with finely ground brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, whole grain sorghum flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour with a touch of xanthan gum for the perfect taste and texture of your favorite baked goods without having to add any other special ingredients or custom recipes. In fact, my mother in law (who is gluten free) has a gluten free cookbook and it specifically suggests Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Flour for all the “flour” in the recipes.
But what you and they will taste are chocolatey, moist peppermint brownie cups layered with luscious eggnog candy melts (they taste like glorious eggnog white chocolate) crushed peppermint candycanes and ribbons of semi-sweet chocolate. Good thing these are cupcake size or I would be eating a whole cake! These cups full of Christmas cheer aren’t only incredibly delicious, they are so easy to make, you can share this cheer with everyone – even if they are on a gluten free diet!
To create the cups, you pour the brownie batter into a cupcake tin and bake. When done, you make a shallow divot with the bottom of a greased glass to create your brownie cups.
Fill the divots with silky eggnog candy melts…
Then drizzle the cups with more melted chocolate and candy canes and Christmas cheer in a cup is born. Now if you can’t wait to devour your brownie cups, the eggnog layer will be gooey and melty and delicious. If you wait for the layer to harden, it tastes like delectable eggnog chocolate bark. Both amazing. Both perfectly compliment the moist, soft peppermint chocolate brownies.
Christmas cheer in a Peppermint Eggnog Brownie Cup. Its time to create some cheer!
And eat it too.
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Peppermint Eggnog Brownie Cups
- 3/4 cup salted butter, cubed
- 8 oz. quality semi-sweet baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour*
- 1 12 oz. pkg. eggnog candy melts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 candy canes, crushed
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Add butter and baking chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for roughly 2 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals until butter and chocolate melt when stirred.
- Stir in sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and peppermint extract and mix well. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Spray cupcake tin cups with nonstick baking spray WITH flour (like this). Divide brownie batter evenly between 12 muffin tin cups, filling about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately after removing brownies from the oven, spray the bottom of a glass (smaller than the size of the tin cup) with nonstick cooking spray and press down in the center of each brownie to create a shallow divot.
- While brownies cool, melt eggnog candy melts in microwave safe dish until melted, stirring at 30 second intervals. Fill each divot with 1 tablespoon melted eggnog candy melts.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave until melted, stirring at 30 second intervals. Stir in shortening and transfer to a plastic bag, cut off the corner and drizzle over eggnog layer. Top with crushed candy canes and sea salt.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original