- 12oz. extra broad egg noodles(I like No Yolk)
- 1pound chicken breasts pounded thin(optional)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3-1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Chicken Breading (optional)*
- 1/2cup flour
- 1teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2tsp EACH salt, garlic pwdr, onion pwdr, dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 1cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil
- 1cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4cup fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 1/2tsp EACH red pepper flakes, dried oregano
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1tablespoon flour
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2cup heavy creammixed with 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1cup milk
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted garlic diced tomatoes
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1tablespoon sugar
Pasta: Cook the pasta al dente in generously salted water
Chicken (optional) : Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and place a cooking rack on top; lightly spray cooking rack with cooking spray.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine Chicken Breading ingredients in a bowl/shallow dish then dredge chicken breasts in mixture. Tap off any excess flour then add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown on one side, 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook chicken until the other side is golden, 2-3 minutes, then transfer chicken to prepared cooking rack and finish baking in the oven, 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through (cooking time will depend on size and thickness of chicken). Broil chicken until crispy, flip chicken, top with Parmesan cheese and broil until cheese is golden.
Creamy Sundried Tomato Pesto Sauce: Meanwhile, add Sundried Tomato Pesto ingredients to a food processor and process until well blended. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil over medium heat. Add Sun-dried Tomato Pesto and saute for 4 minutes. Add bell pepper and squash and saute an additional minute.
Stir in chicken broth until well incorporated then stir in heavy cream/cornstarch slurry, milk, fire roasted tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring sauce to a boil then reduce to simmer until thickened and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in cooked pasta. Add additional milk to reach desired consistency (optional). Taste and add additional salt, pepper, red pepper to taste.
Top with chicken and serve.