Brown Sugar Carrot Cake Crepes are super easy made in the blender and are about to become one of your family’s favorite crepes!
These Carrot Cake Crepes are stuffed with silky sweet Cream Cheese and smothered in the most amazing Blueberry Sauce! You can make the batter the night before for stress free breakfast or entertaining that is crazy addicting and so fun!!
Can all the Carrot Cake lovers raise their hands?! From Carrot Cake Cookies to Carrot Cake with Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting to Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake, I just can’t get enough – so why not carrot cake for breakfast with ridiculously delicious Carrot Cake Crepes with Cream Cheese Filling and Blueberry Sauce?!
These Carrot Cake Crepes are some of the best crepes I’ve ever had the pleasure to devour. I am not exaggerating when I said they are seriously addicting. And seriously easy too!
How to Make Carrot Cake Crepes
To make these Carrot Cake Crepes, simply process your carrots with some milk until smooth. If you have an older blender that can’t blend the carrots completely, that is totally okay. I actually really like some carrot texture in the batter.
After blending your carrots, blend in your eggs, butter, vanilla, sugars, flour and pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger until smooth. Refrigerate for at least one hour in order for the agitated gluten to “relax” and to bond to the milk and eggs in order to create light, airy crepes. If you have time or are able to plan ahead, it is always best to make crepe batter the night before or even a few hours before.
While the batter rests, you get to make your Cream Cheese Filling and Blueberry Sauce! The filling is a simple blend of cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla that is oh so velvety with just the right amount of sweetness.
The Blueberry Sauce is equally stand-alone-delectable and is a simple simmering of blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and just a touch of cornstarch. After you simmer your Blueberry Sauce for 5-8 minutes, or until some of the berries burst, it will still seem a little thin but will completely thicken as it stands and you both wait in eager anticipation for it to douse your Carrot Cake Crepes.
When you’re ready to make your Carrot Cake Crepes, the brown sugar carrot cake batter cooks into the most satisfying slightly textured thin crepe that is pure palate pleasing bliss.
To make the perfect Carrot Cake Crepes, you want to make sure you heavily butter you pan and heat it to full medium heat before adding your batter. The first crepe will be more buttery and a little crisp but then your pan will be primed for perfect crepes. You should only need to lightly re-butter your pan after 6 crepes or so. You also want to make sure you don’t flip your crepes too early or they are likely to tear. Wait until the middle of your crepe is no longer shiny before flipping.
Then its time to slather your Carrot Cake Crepes with luscious cream cheese and blanket with sweet Blueberry Sauce.
And then its time to dig in. And become very very happy.
LOOKING FOR MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES?
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Banana Bread Coffee Cake
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Blueberry Muffin Cake
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberry Coffee Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Coffee Cake
- Maple Bacon Monkey Bread
- Egg Nog French Toast Casserole
- Overnight Creme Brulee French Toast
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Apple Pie Pancake Bowls
- Angel Food Cake French Toast with Cream Cheese and Strawberry Syrup
Want to try these Carrot Cake Crepes?
Pin it to your BREAKFAST or DESSERT Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Brown Sugar Carrot Cake Crepes with Cream Cheese Filling and Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cups sliced peeled carrots
- 1 1/2 cups milk (any kind but nonfat)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional for sweeter)
- Add carrots to blender with 1 cup milk and pulse until carrots are broken up then continue to process until smooth. Add the remaining milk, eggs, butter and vanilla and process until smooth.*
- Add all remaining Blender ingredients and blend just until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes (overnight is best). Meanwhile, make Cream Cheese Filling and Blueberry Sauce.
Cream Cheese Filling
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy and lump free. Add sugar, milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Refrigerate.
- Combine Blueberry Sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until berries break down and release their juices, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. The sauce will be on the thin side but thicken as it cools. When ready to serve, add water to thin to desired consistency if needed.
- Grease a nonstick skillet with butter and heat over medium heat. Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, add batter to the center of the pan and swirl to spread batter into thin circle. Cook until golden on each side and no longer shiny in the center, approximately 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add cream cheese to the center of each crepe and roll up then top with Blueberry Sauce OR, spread cream cheese on half of the crepe, fold in half then cover the top half of the crepe with cream cheese then fold in half one last time. Top with Blueberry Sauce.
- Dust with powdered sugar for sweeter crepes (optional)
**Total time does not include refrigerating batter as this will vary between individuals.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original