This Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie takes less than 5 minutes to whip up and is the perfect way to start your morning!
Easy, creamilicious Strawberry Key Lime Banana Protein Smoothie. Healthy that you crave.
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie Recipe
It’s always hard to say goodbye to the warm waters of Mexico. Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta, and Cabo to be exact. I just cruised home Saturday and I am still in withdrawal.
But nothing that an easy, refreshingly cold, creamy Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie can’t cure. It’s been calling my name all week.
SO silky and creamy thanks to the vanilla protein powder and frozen banana with a perfect kiss of sweetness from the key lime Greek yogurt and frozen strawberries. I love how easy it is to keep these ingredients on hand so whenever I am craving something out-of-this-world that only takes 5 minutes to whip up, my cravings can be satisfied. And stay satisfied for hours.
So perfect. So ready for you to indulge your taste buds in its guilt free deliciousness. The escape you deserve. Today. And every day.
Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie Ingredients
This healthy strawberry banana smoothie is made with minimal ingredients:
- Vanilla protein powder: Use your favorite brand. Any kind will work!
- Coconut milk: You want to use coconut milk from a carton, not the canned kind used in stir-fries.
- Key Lime Greek Yogurt: Can also use strawberry or banana yogurt to amp up the strawberry-banana flavor.
- Banana: I recommend freezing your banana in small chunks so your blender can more easily process it.
- Strawberries: I prefer using frozen strawberries so I don’t have to dilute my smoothies with ice cubes.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
This protein powder smoothie recipe is as easy as it gets. Simply add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
Tips for the Best Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Make it thinner / thicker. To thin out the high protein smoothie, add extra coconut milk. To make it thinner, use less coconut milk.
- Use a ripe banana. Make sure your banana is ripe before freezing it. This way, your smoothie will be a little sweeter without having to add in any sugar or honey!
- Use unsweetened coconut milk. I prefer using unsweetened coconut milk to make breakfast protein smoothies.
Recipe Variations to Try
- Add key lime juice. This strawberry banana protein smoothie tastes even better with a squeeze of lime juice added to it.
- Add honey or maple syrup. If you’d like a sweeter smoothie, add some honey, maple syrup, or agave to sweeten it up.
- Use mixed berries. I love making this easy strawberry banana smoothie as written, but a frozen mixed berry blend would also pair well with the banana and yogurt.
Can I Prep Smoothies in Advance?
Yes! You can prep all the ingredients, throw them into a freezer baggie, and freeze until you’re ready to blend up your smoothie! (Don’t freeze the yogurt or coconut milk — add those in the morning of).
You can also blend up the smoothie and freeze any leftovers. The frozen smoothie will need to sit on your counter for 15 to 20 minutes until it’s soft enough to eat.
Looking for More Easy Breakfast Recipes?
- Topical Pineapple Smoothie
- Acai Bowl
- Homemade Frittata
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Skinny Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Coffee Cake
- Breakfast Burritos
Strawberry Key Lime Banana Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to your blender starting with fruit then chop then liquefy until very smooth. Thin smoothie to desired thickness by adding more coconut milk.
- I like the smoothie as is but you can add freshly squeezed key lime juice for more citrus/tart flavor, or honey/sugar/etc. if you want it sweeter.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original