Smothered nachos for dinner. Does it get any better than this?
A while back I told you about my looooooooove for nachos. I want to inhale them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Yesterday, I told you about my looooooooove for my new 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing. I want to smother everything in it.
So I created a new love that IS crunchy, cheesy nachos and IS creamilicious Mexican ranch goodness: Smothered Nacho Chicken with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing!
Chips, cheese, tomatillos, avocados, jalapenos, ranch – there is just so much to love about this chicken! It reminds me of a Mexican country fried chicken (except that its baked) with both crunchy and creamy in every savory bite. Every time I make this smothered chicken, I continuously exclaim to to myself how amazing it is. But now, I’m excited to share with YOU how amazing it is.
To make this exclaim worthy chicken, you first marinate the chicken in some of the 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch. Next, coat chicken in crushed, spiced tortilla chips…
Then bake and top with Jack cheese…
…That broils until golden and bubbly and screams “eat me”…
But wait, don’t give into the siren cries…yet. The crunchy cheesy chicken is about to enter flavor overload…overload I tell you!
The chicken is then smothered in Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing. A creamy ranch packed with tomatillos, avocado, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro and smoked paprika. A creamy ranch so dreamy its earned its place smothering this chicken.
After I have smothered my chicken with the most heavenly dressing known to man, I like to top my chicken with fresh mangoes and tomatoes, and I’ve even topped my chicken and dressing with Chipotle Mango Salsa with Black Beans Avocado and Sweet Corn. Talk about A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
Nachos. Its what for dinner. I’m pretty sure your entire family will love the sound of that!
Tools Used in This Recipe
Smothered Nacho Chicken with Tomatillo Avocado Ranch
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 ½ pounds)*
- 8 heaping cups of your favorite tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Recipe 5 Minute Blender Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Cheese
Additional Toppings (optional)
- Additional Toppings (optional)
- Recipe Chipotle Mango Black Bean Salsa with Avocado and Sweet Corn
- Prepare Tomatilla Avocado Ranch Dressing according to directions but do not add any milk (you can prepare the dressing days in advance).
- Add chicken to freezer bag and pound thin with meat mallet or side of a can, cutting the breasts in half if they become large. Add ¼ cup Tomatillo Avocado Ranch Dressing and marinate for 6 hours up to overnight.
- Add chips to food processor and process until crushed (or crush with rolling pin). Transfer to a large bowl and mix in chili powder, cumin and black pepper.
- Lightly spray a baking rack with nonstick cooking spray and place on top of a baking sheet lined with foil (for easy cleanup). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade then dredge in the chip mixture, pressing chips into chicken to securely coat. Place chicken on the baking rack and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Top chicken with an additional ¼ cup cheese per breast (more or less to liking) and broil until golden.
- To Serve, top each chicken breast with desired amount of Tomatilo Avocado Ranch Dressing and any additional toppings.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!