This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy (customizable) Pineapple Salsa Pork – crazy good, flavorful filling for burritos, tacos, burrito bowls, salads, etc. In addition to weekly meals, I love making this for company because its SO good, easy and versatile!
Have you tried my Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken? Its one of my all time favorite recipes, so naturally, I wanted another way to devour the slightly tangy, sweet and spicy flavors so Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Pork was born. Beautiful day. Its crazy tender, moist, versatile and bursting with flavor. And don’t worry about the “spicy” part – that is completely customizable based on your preference. You start with just a little hot sauce and add more to taste at the end – or a lot to taste at the end if you are like me!
Along with my love of the flavor profile, I am in love with just how easy this Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Pork is. Its one of those “dump and run” kind of meals that fills your entire home with the aroma of can’t-wait-unit-its-done yearnings. And its all made possible by cans! I love just how easy cans can make cooking or as more eloquently stated, “You’re more successful when you have the can on hand,” so I’m excited to have teamed up with Albertsons to celebrate National Can Month! The seal of a can guarantees freshness, flavor, nutrition and fantastic convenience – everywhere, every time.
I love keeping my pantry well stocked with my favorite canned goods so I can always make flavorful and healthy dishes at a seconds notice. If you were to open my pantry, you would always find canned green chilies, pineapple, crushed tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, corn, coconut milk etc. staring right back at you, waiting to deliver more vitamins and minerals to your everyday meals.
For this Pineapple Salsa Pork, I used three of my very favorite canned ingredients – diced green chilies, pineapple and black beans. You throw all of these ingredients into your slow cooker along with salsa, brown sugar, a cast of spices, hot sauce and your pork that has been marinating in soy sauce and Coke (marinade is optional but highly recommended). Let it cruise until the pork is fall apart tender, shred it, and let it drink up all the juices for 30 more minute or so.
When I have company over, I set up a bar of tortillas, Cilantro Lime Rice or Restaurant-Style Mexican Rice, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, avcoado crema or guacamole, salsa or salsa verde, tortilla chips, etc. so everyone can either make a burrito, a salad or a bowl. I personally love smothering rice with cheese, then adding my Pineapple Salsa Pork, Sour Cream and tortilla chips to make a bowl…
But I also personally love making these Smothered Baked Pineapple Salsa Pork Burritos with Creamy Avocado Sauce…coming soon. Oh decisions, decisions!
But one thing is guaranteed, you will love this versatile Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Pork and Albertsons is waiting with shelves of cans to make your every day life easier – and more delicious!
Want to try this Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Pork?
Pin it to your Crockpot, PORK or Mexican Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This RecipeSee Favorite Tools
Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Salsa
- 2.5 lbs pork butt or shoulder trimmed of fat
Marinade (optional but recommended)
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Coke, NOT diet
- ½ – 1 cup mild salsa (medium for more kick)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed *
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp EACH chili pwdr, onion pwder, smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1-2 tablespoons Franks Buffalo Hot WINGS Sauce NOT their original hot sauce**
Garnishes (your favorites)
- Garnishes (your favorites)
- Tortilla chips
- sour cream
- fresh pineaple
- Add pork to large freezer bag along with marinade ingredients. Marinate 12-24 hours.
- Drain marinade and add pork to lightly greased slow cooker along with all remaining Slow Cooker ingredients. I recommend starting with 1 tablespoon hot sauce and adding more to taste at the end of cooking.
- Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or on LOW for 8-10 hours or until tender enough to shred.
- Shred pork then continue to cook on LOW for 30 minutes (time permitting), to soak in the juices.
- Taste and add additional hot sauce/salt to taste (I add more of both).
- Serve Pineapple Salsa Pork over rice or in tortillas, on salad, etc. with desired garnishes.
**You can use your favorite hot sauce but I strongly prefer the taste of Frank’s Hot WINGS sauce in this recipe. Frank’s Hot WINGS Sauce is much creamier and spicier than other hot sauces so it requires much less hot sauce – less hot sauce helps the pork not to have excess liquid.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original