Happy official 2015! When I was deciding what to post for my first ever recipe in 2015, I wanted to post either Asian or Mexican (my Top 2014 Recipes might have given you that hint 🙂 ) – because they are my two favorite food groups – and I wanted something sweet and spicy – because that’s my favorite combo – and although this sounds all about me so far, I also thought about what YOU would absolutely love that is one of the easiest, most versatile meals, that you can dress up for company (I served this to friends last week) or simply serve with rice and call it a day – and my taste buds landed on Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa Chicken – slow cooker style.
Add some garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, green chilies and salsa and we have a Mexican sweet and spicy sauce that is lick the plate good.
Add some chicken, black beans, sweet corn, and sweet and tangy pineapple to cook and soak up all the flavor and we have a meal that is lick your neighbor’s plate good.
How to Serve Pineapple Salsa Chicken
This Pineapple Salsa Chicken makes a favorite filling in burritos or tacos but my personal favorite is to drain the liquid then use any excess liquid (plus needed water) to make rice, then pile rice, cheese, Pineapple Salsa Chicken, lettuce, sour cream and crushed chips for an out of this world burrito bowl. Lick your plate, your neighbor’s plate, the serving plate good.
As promised, 2015 is going to be a crazy good year!
Want to try Pineapple Salsa Chicken?
Pin it to your Crockpot, Chicken or Mexican Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa Chicken (Slow Cooker)
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4-1/3 cup Franks Buffalo Hot WINGS Sauce NOT regular hot sauce*
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz. can sweet corn, rinsed & drained
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chillies
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chiips
- sour cream
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker then add the rest of the ingredients and give them a stir. Start with 3 tablespoons hot wings sauce and add more at the end of cooking if you aren't sure how hot you want it.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high 4-6 hours. When chicken can shred easily, remove to a cutting board and shred. Mix the chicken back in the crockpot and allow to cook 30 more minutes. Taste and add additional hot wings sauce, brown sugar salt, pepper if desired.**
- Transfer chicken to a strainer and drain off any excess liquid.
- Serve chicken over rice or in tortillas, on salad, etc. with desired garnishes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!