- 115 oz. oz. can pure pumpkinNOT pumpkin pie filling
- 3/4cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground cloves
- 1cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon dark corn syrupmay sub light
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1tablespoon granulated sugar
Prepare Pie crust according to directions, baking 10 minutes and letting cool completely. You can also use your favorite pie crust recipe.
While Crust is cooling, add pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon ginger, nutmeg, salt, and cloves to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and whisk in evaporated milk followed by eggs and vanilla. Pour filling into cooled pie crust. Cover edges of pie crust with foil or pie shield.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes – UNTIL pie is cracked around the edges and the center barley jiggles.
While pie is baking, add pecans, brown sugar and salt to a bowl and stir until evenly combined. Add corn syrup and vanilla and mix until evenly moistened.
Sprinkle Topping evenly over filling then evenly sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
Remove foil from crust and return pie to oven and bake 10-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let pie cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours.
Pie can be made and cooled 2 days ahead of time then wrapped in plastic and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.