These soft and tender Pumpkin Dinner Rolls will be the talk of your Thanksgiving Table! Adorably delicious and easier than you might think with the option of Whipped Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter!
Don’t these plump little Pumpkin Dinner Rolls just make you smile?! They are just SO CUTE! Every time I catch a glimpse of them on my counter, I can’t help but smile. Now just think of the ooohs and aaaahhhs of your Thanksgiving family and friends when you unveil this enchanting side.
I saw the idea for pumpkin shaped rolls on Facebook a while back and although I am not usually the crafty type, these were just too cute that I had to find the original source. Surprisingly, however, there are LOTS of pumpkin shaped rolls recipes, so I am not sure who to give credit too. I ended up following the method from Rhodes Bread but with my own pumpkin dough. If you already have an absolute favorite roll recipe, then you can certainly use that recipe and just follow this recipe for the method of how to make the pumpkin shaped rolls. But if you want a pumpkin dinner roll with actual pumpkin dough, than be sure to follow my full recipe. The pumpkin is mild in flavor so these rolls still go with absolutely everything and mild enough that even the non-pumpkin eaters will still devour them.
To create the shape of the pumpkin rolls, divide your already risen dough into 15 balls, flatten with the palm of your hand, then make 8 cuts around the outside of each ball. I use my kitchen shears to make the cuts and it is super fast! You cover the rolls and let them double in size then poke a deep hole in the center of each roll with the handle of a wooden spoon. This hole is where you will place a sliced pecan for the pumpkin stem – so cute! Now wasn’t that easy?!
Before you pop your rolls in the oven, you brush them with either melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds for the “savory” Pumpkin Dinner Roll Option OR for a sweeter version, you brush with melted Whipped Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter. To make the Whipped Brown Sugar Cinnamon Butter, you simply beat softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together, then you remove a couple tablespoons to melt and brush all over your Pumpkin Dinner Rolls.
Both options are completely delicious. You might just have to make the rolls twice before Thanksgiving so you know what you prefer 🙂
Happy almost Thanksgiving with Pumpkin Dinner Rolls. So your food can also be your Thanksgiving centerpiece that makes your guests smile with every adorably delicious bite.
LOOKING FOR MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES?
- Pumpkin Bars with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Pumpkin Praline Pie
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Crepes with Nutella Filling
- Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Cookie with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Angel Food Cake French Toast
Looking for more Thanksgiving recipes?
- Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls
- (Nutella) Pumpkin Crepes
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Apple Cranberry Bacon Candied Walnut Salad
- Dijon Maple Green Beans
- Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf
- Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
- Slow Cooker Ricotta Bacon Creamed Corn
Want to try these Pumpkin Dinner Rolls?
Pin it to your THANKSGIVING, BREAD, or SIDES Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 package active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup warm water (120-130 degrees F)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (120-130 degrees F)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ½ -5 cups flour, plus more for dusting
Savory Butter Option
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted divided
- sesame seeds
Whipped Brown Sugar Butter Option
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Roll Stems
- 15 pecan slices
- In the bowl of your standard mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water and let sit 5-10 minutes or until slightly foamy. (If it doesn’t foam, start again)
- Add all remaining Dough ingredients except flour and whisk gently to combine. Add 3 cups flour and stir until combined.
- Fix mixer with dough hook and generously spray hook with nonstick cooking spray.
- With the mixer running on low, gradually mix in 1 ½ cups more flour. Once dough has pulled away from the bowl, knead on medium-low speed for approximately 5 minutes (or by hand for 10) until dough is smooth and elastic. If dough seems too sticky (it should still be somewhat sticky for light rolls), gradually add up to 1 cup additional flour, one tablespoon of flour at a time.* (I used a total of 5 cups flour)
- Remove dough and spray mixing bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Knead dough a few times on a lightly floured surface, then knead dough into a ball and place back into your greased mixing bowl. Cover tightly with greased plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 2 – 2 ½ hours.
- Remove dough and punch down. Divide dough into 15 equal pieces, then roll each into a ball and place equally spaced on a greased baking sheet (or use a nonstick slip mat). NOTE: If you do not want your rolls to touch, then use two baking sheets instead.
- Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand. Using scissors or a knife (I find scissors much faster), make 8 equally spaced cuts about ½ inch deep around the outside of each ball, leaving the center uncut.
- Cover rolls with a towel or greased plastic wrap and allow to rise until almost double in size.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a deep hole into the top center of each roll (this will be the hole for your stem).
- Brush rolls with either 1 ½ tablespoon melted butter OR 1 ½ tablespoons melted Brown Sugar Butter (recipe follows). If using butter only, then also, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake rolls at 350 degrees F for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown and sound slightly hollow when tapped.
- Remove from oven and brush with 1 ½ tablespoons additional melted butter or melted Brown Sugar Butter.
- Insert pecan pieces into pumpkin rolls for stems.
- Serve with butter or remaining Brown Sugar Butter. Also delicious with honey.
- BROWN SUGAR BUTTER: Beat butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Remove 3 tablespoons to a small bowl to melt.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings Original Pumpkin Roll Recipe with Pumpkin Shaped Rolls idea from RhodesBread