Rich, buttery, tender Strawberry Pound Cake swirled with fresh strawberries and smothered in smooth, silky Chocolate Ganache.
This Strawberry Pound Cake recipe is my ode to a Chocolate Covered Strawberry! It boasts the fresh, tangy sweetness of strawberries complimented by the rich, decadence of chocolate. This Strawberry Pound Cake is 1000X better than any strawberry cake mix and so drool worthy everyone will beg you for the recipe. BEG I tell you!
Moist Strawberry Pound Cake Recipe
It’ summer, so it’s time for strawberries! Because strawberries are amazing and juicy and sweet. And because I crave strawberries every time I pass them in the store and every time I drive past the fields and fields of strawberries by my house.
And because Cream Cheese-Stuffed Strawberry Coffee Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake Pie, Strawberry Shortcakes, Strawberry Syrup, Strawberry Salad, Chocolate Covered Strawberries and now this Strawberry Pound Cake! Are you giddy for strawberries yet?!
And because strawberries won’t be in season forever so you need to get your strawberry fill NOW. Like right now with this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pound Cake recipe! Think chocolate-covered strawberries but in strawberry, buttery cake form — I can’t stop thinking…
I first started this Strawberry Pound Cake recipe with my own adaptation of the popular strawberry cake recipes that start with a white box mix and add gelatin. The cake was good, but not amazing.
So I decided to take my favorite ever sour cream pound cake recipe and add fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin (Jell-0) to the mix. Best decision ever. Best Strawberry Pound Cake recipe ever.
The Strawberry Pound Cake is rich, and soft and super moist and tastes like strawberries! It’s way better than the box kind with only 10 minutes more effort. So worth it. I could have topped the cake with a lemon glaze and I am sure that still would have been delish, but the cake’s richness demanded an equally decadent adornment AKA 5-Minute Silky Chocolate Ganache. To live for.
Don’t let the word “ganache” scare you. As you might have guessed – it takes less than 5 minutes to make and is smooth, creamy and chocolaticious!
So every bite is chocolate covered moist, rich Strawberry Pound Cake.
Strawberry Pound Cake Ingredients
This is such an easy pound cake recipe! Here’s all you’ll need to make this strawberry Jell-O cake:
- All-purpose flour: I’ve only made this recipe as written, so I’m not sure if a gluten-free alternative will work.
- Strawberry gelatin: I used Jell-O brand strawberry gelatin.
- Baking soda: Helps the cake rise.
- Salt: Balances out the sweetness in the batter.
- Salted butter: Needs to be room temperature so it creams together well with the sugar.
- Granulated sugar: Sweetens the cake without adding flavor.
- Eggs: Need to be room temperature before being added to the batter.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract, if possible.
- Lemon extract: Don’t add more than the recipe calls for, this stuff is strong!
- Sour cream: I’m sure plain Greek yogurt could be used instead.
- Strawberries: Dice the berries into bite-sized pieces so there are no large chunks.
- Chocolate ganache: Super easy to make in just 5 minutes!
Strawberry Pound Cake Variations
- If you don’t have sour cream on hand, I’m sure plain Greek yogurt will work instead. Just be sure to use whole Greek yogurt and not non-fat.
- I’ve only made this cake using regular Jell-O. I’m not sure if low-sugar Jell-O will work in this recipe.
- If you only have unsalted butter, add an extra pinch of salt to the batter to make up for it.
How to Make Strawberry Pound Cake
This easy strawberry cake takes about 15 minutes to whip up. Here’s how it’s made:
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Cream the butter until light and fluffy, then add the sugar and continue creaming.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until mixed.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Gently fold in the vanilla and lemon extracts and the diced berries.
- Turn batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake until done.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, top with ganache and serve.
Tips for Making Strawberry Pound Cake
- Regular nonstick cooking spray will NOT work in this recipe. You must use a combination of nonstick spray and flour to prep the pan.
- Cake will rise slightly above bundt cake pan when done so be sure not to overmix eggs or sour cream/flour to add extra volume.
- All of the wet ingredients need to be at room temperature before being added to the cake batter. This ensures the ingredients can be mixed together fully and that the cake bakes evenly throughout.
Strawberry Pound Cake Variations
- Use another type of fruit. I made this a true strawberry cake through and through, but I’m sure you could substitute another kind of berry for the diced strawberries, if desired.
- Top with a different glaze. Not a fan of ganache? Top this strawberry pound cake with a vanilla powdered sugar glaze, a lemon glaze, or simply dusting of powdered sugar!
- Bake in regular cake pans. I’ve only made this recipe using a Bundt cake, but I’m sure you could use regular round cake tins if that’s all you have on hand. You may need to adjust the cook time slightly.
Can I Prep Strawberry Pound Cake in Advance?
Yes, this strawberry Jell-O cake can be made 2 days in advance and then wrapped in plastic wrap when cooled. I actually think it tastes better the day after baking!
How to Store Moist Pound Cake
Store this strawberry pound cake at room temperature covered with plastic wrap. It will keep up to 4 days.
How to Freeze Strawberry Pound Cake
- Let the ganache on the exterior of the cake set completely.
- Double wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap.
- Freeze cake for up to 3 months.
- Allow the cake to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then unwrap and come to room temperature on the counter before serving.
What to Serve with Strawberry Pound Cake
This moist pound cake is delicious as is, but I also love it with:
- Fresh berries
- A dollop of whipped cream (and berries!)
- Vanilla ice cream (and berries!)
- Lemon curd (and berries!)
Looking for More Summer Cake Recipes?
- Lemon Poke Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Coconut Cake (Triple Coconut!)
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- Blueberry Muffin Cake
- Hummingbird Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
WANT TO TRY THIS STRAWBERRY POUND CAKE RECIPE?
Pin it to your CAKE, SUMMER or CHOCOLATE Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Strawberry Pound Cake with Chocolate Ganache
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 oz. strawberry gelatin (strawberry Jell-0 mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter , at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs , at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 Recipe 5 Minute Chocolate Sauce/Ganache
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees and generously spray all surfaces of a 12 cup nonstick bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray WITH FLOUR*, OR grease and flour the inside. Set aside.
- Sift the 3 cups of flour, strawberry gelatin, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter until creamy then add sugar and beat until fluffy, scraping sides down as needed, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just the yellow disappears after each egg.**
- With mixer running on low, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture in thirds, alternately with sour cream in between each third. Beat on low until just combined.**
- Turn off mixer and add vanilla extract, lemon extract and strawberries and gently fold into batter until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan and tap pan on counter a few times to even and release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wood pick inserted near the center of cake comes out clean, 85 – 100 minutes (mine took 93) minutes. You may need to cover the top of the cake with foil near the end of cooking time to prevent excess browning.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake is cool, prepare Chocolate Ganache. Spoon half of Chocolate Ganache over cake. Spoon remaining ganache over individual servings.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
leave a review