Easy ONE BOWL Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Bars with gooey caramel-esque sweet and crunchy filling and a soft and chewy SUGAR COOKIE CRUST are the ideal holiday dessert because they are SO easy, make ahead and unbelievably delicious!
I didn’t know I loved pecan pie until my sister brought it to Thanksgiving years ago. My husband didn’t know he loved it either and it turned out to be both of our favorite dessert that year! So this year I wanted to create that same love affair with pecan pie but in pecan pie bar form.
But these aren’t just any Pecan Pie Bars. These Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Bars boast generous chunks of chocolate that only enhance the mouthwatering custard-like filling and add an extra depth of yum.
For the crust, I chose a sugar cookie crust instead of a shortbread crust because not only is the prepackaged ready to go dough so easy (and we can all use a whole lot more of easy during the holidays) for an effortless press-in crust, but is so buttery, tender and melt in your mouth – no crumbly, hard crusts here!
To make our Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Bars, simply press the cookie dough into an 8 X 8 baking pan lined with greased foil and bake for 30 minutes until nice and golden. Then fill with your Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Filling that takes all but 5 minutes to whisk together (no stove or boiling) and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
How easy is that?! The hardest part will be exercising your patience as these bars need to cool then be refrigerated for at least 2 hours or until the chocolate is firm otherwise you will have a gooey mess of a hard time slicing them. But because these Pecan Pie Bars need to be refrigerated, they are a fabulous for a make ahead dessert and because of the corn syrup, they stay nice and chewy for days with being refrigerated. Not that they will last that long.
And there you have Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Bars with melt-in-your-mouth brown sugar filling complete with salty pecans and sweet chocolate on a soft bed of butter sugar cookie. Happy early Thanksgiving to YOU!
Looking for more dessert recipes?
- Toffee Pecan Caramel Pound Cake
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Blondies
- Raspberry Apple Pie with Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
- German Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache Filling
Want to try these Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie Bars?
Pin it to your DESSERT, THANKSGIVING, or HOLIDAY Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
Tools Used in This Recipe
Chocolate Chunk Pecan Bars
Save This Recipe To Your Recipe Box
You can now create an account on our site and save your favorite recipes all in one place!
- 1 16.5 oz. Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough Roll
- nonstick cooking spray
Chocolate Chunk Pecan Filling
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted, and chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with foil leaving enough foil overhang so you can easily remove bars later. Lightly grease foil. Evenly press Cookie Dough into the bottom of the pan. Bake 28-30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until lightly golden. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Filling ingredients EXCEPT pecans and chocolate chunks to a medium bowl. Whisk to evenly combine then fold in pecans and chocolate chunks. Pour filling onto cookie dough crust and spread evenly. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until top is brown and set.
- Let bars cool on wire rack for 1 hour then refrigerate at least 2 hours until chocolate is firm. Use foil overhang as handles to remove bars and cut into small squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature. Also delish with vanilla ice cream!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original