Breakfast Pot Pie means you get to dive into hearty, comforting, pot pie for breakfast!
This Breakfast Pot Pie is loaded with hash browns, ham and vegges smothered in gravy all topped with a sensational Gouda Biscuit Crust. It is easy to make, fabulous for leftovers and guaranteed to become a repeat favorite!
Thank you Arla Dofino for sponsoring this Breakfast Pot Pie post! All opinions are my own.
This Breakfast Pot Pie filling is creamy, cheesy, and hearty enough to energize you for your hectic holiDay and maybe even hearty enough to keep you from devouring every sweet in site. I make no guarantees.
Seriously though, this Breakfast Pot Pie with Gouda Biscuit Crust definitely needs to make it onto your holiday menu because its delicious, simple, company worthy, will fill everyone who eats it with foodie cheer, and often neglected breakfast during the holidays deserves to be a special memory. And this Cheesy Breakfast Pot Pie with Gouda Biscut Crust will make breakfast special.
Ingredients for Breakfast Pot Pie
It’s stuffed with hashbrowns, turkey or ham (perfect for those leftovers!) sweet corn, apples and red bell peppers smothered in a traditional pot pie gravy spiced with paprika and parsley, all mixed with creamy, Arla Dofino Gouda cheese.
As I was making and tasting the Breakfast Pot Pie filling, I was in love with it. And then I added the Gouda cheese and I become obsessed with it! Gouda cheese has long been one of my favorite cheeses. I could eat it plain for days. And only Gouda cheese for days. But because that might not be the most healthy habit, this slightly sweet, creamy Arla Gouda that melts like a dream gets to blanket every pot pie crevice with its velvety creaminess.
How to Make Breakfasts Pot Pie
The Breakfast Pot Pie filling is a cheese lover’s dream and a busy holiday person’s dream because the filling comes together in less than 10 minutes.
After making the base of your sauce, all you do is add your filling ingredients – no pre-cooking required and you are ready to top with your flaky, buttery, cheesy Gouda Biscuit Crust. (Also notice that was all in one skillet – no extra holiday dishwashing!)
This Breakfast Pot Pie crust is on my list of favorite edibles. You will never make another pot pie crust again! It’s everything a biscuit should be plus gouda cheese and chives.
But the happy news doesn’t stop there. This crust comes together in a matter of minutes – because its made in your food processor. It can also be made the night before and refrigerated for an even quicker morning prep.
You simply add your dry ingredients to your food processor, pulse, add your butter, pulse, then add your buttermilk and Gouda cheese and pulse. Turn out onto a work surface and roll into the shape of your pan. That’s it! A pie crust has never been easier or more delicious – a winning combination for the holidays!
Now it’s time to dig into cheesy Breakfast Pot Pie and make some holiday memories along the way!
Breakfast Pot Pie
Gouda Hashbrown Filling
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 14.5 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk mixed with 2 tablespoons cornstarch**
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (canned or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped small
- 1 cup ham, chopped (or cooked turkey/chicken)
- 1 cup frozen hash browns with onion, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda cheese
Easy Food Processor Gouda Biscuit Crust
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup grated Arla Dofino Gouda Cheese
- 1 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon melted butter for brushing
- To make the Gouda Biscuit Crust, add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to food processor and pulse a couple times until combined. Add 6 tablespoons butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, cheese and chives and pulse just until dough is moistened.
- Turn dough out onto parchment paper and knead any loose flour into the dough then form into a ball. Refrigerate while you prepare your pie filling.
- To make the filling, melt butter over medium heat in a 10” cast iron skillet. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk, followed by spices. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer until just thickened. Stir in remaining filling ingredients.
- Remove biscuit dough from refrigerator. On your parchment paper, roll (with a greased rolling pin), into a circle just larger than your skillet. Top filling with biscuit dough, pushing dough up the sides of the skillet and trimming off any excess. Make several slits in the dough to let the steam escape. Brush crust with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Bake at 425F degrees for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let rest 10 minutes to let the filling set before slicing. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION: