Churro Bites made with Angel Food Cake are wonderfully crispy on the outside and light and cakey on the inside with cinnamon and sugar all over.
These Churro Bites are sooo easy and can’t stop eating delicious. Imagine churros + angel food cake = addicting bite size morsels!
Remember when I made the most delicious French toast ever with angel food cake and the most delicious from scratch churros? Well, I combined the ease of the Angel Food Cake French Toast with all the churro goodness to give you Churro Bites!
When I made the Angel Food Cake French Toast, had halved that recipe so I could use the other half of the angel food cake for these churro bites.
Bad idea 1: We polished off the Angel Food Cake French Toast with ease (yes, just the two of us) and were left wanting more.
Bad idea 2: I only had half of an angel food cake left to make these ridiculously delicious churro bites, again leaving us wanting more….LOTS more.
Moral of the story – these Churro Bites deserve their own FULL recipe because they are ridiculously delicious. These Churro Bites are one of those desserts I would describe as “insane.” And I mean that in a good way. Insane as in so out of this world delicious that these angel food cake churro bites might just be the world’s most perfect bite.
Just imagine churros, but better! Imagine bites of cinnamon and sugar saturated crispy angel food cake on the outside giving way to a warm, soft, airy cakey inside. Hello best ever churro bites!
No disrespect to you imagining skills, but whatever you are imagining, I can guarantee its not as good as the real thing. To be completely honest, you don’t even need the cream cheese frosting dip, these churro bites can stand alone in all their cinnamon and sugar glory or you can choose to fall into a coma of delight by adding the cream cheese frosting as a drizzle or dip.
What Ingredients do I need for churro Bites?
- 1 store bought 7″ angel food cake: angel food cakes can usually be found in the fresh bakery section of your grocery store
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- vegetable oil for cooking
How Do I Make Churro Bites?
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cut angel food cake into cubes, approximately 11/2” x 11/2.”
- In a large, nonstick skillet, add enough oil to cover 1/4 inch up the bottom of the pan. Heat over medium heat; when oil is hot, add half of the cubes and pan fry until one side is golden brown, flip and pan fry the other side until golden brown, approximately, 1-2 minutes per side, watching closely so they don’t burn.When browned, immediately add cubes to the cinnamon/sugar bowl and toss using a spatula (because they are hot!), pressing sugar/cinnamon into the cubes until well coated. Repeat for remaining angel food cake bites.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat the cream cheese until creamy then beat in powdered sugar, vanilla and 3 T milk. Slowly add additional milk for thinner consistency if desired. Drizzle all frosting all over bites or use as a dip.
Seriously, you need to make these Churro Bites. And while you are buying angel food cake for these churro bites, you might want to buy an extra one or two (see bad idea 1 and bad idea 2) because you are going to LOVE these! Can’t wait for you to try them!!!
Recipe inspired by Lil Luna, Frosting from Carlsbad Cravings
Never miss a Carlsbad Cravings Creation:
You might also like: