30 Minute, ONE POT (Lightened Up!) Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus is wonderfully creamy, bursting with flavor and so quick and easy! and did I say ONE pot already?!
I’m not going to lie. My brain is kind of fuzzy writing this One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus post. But with that long title, whose brain wouldn’t be fuzzy? I’m in the hospital with pneumonia but hopefully will get discharged today on home IVS. For whatever reason, I’ve been hit with pneumonia every single time I’ve visited Utah since my lung transplant, except once, over a dozen times – so weird! Looks like I won’t be visiting the mountains for quite a while but it was definitely worth it this time to be with family and see my Dad deliver his incredible talk at LDS General Conference (Watch full talk HERE). He was able to teach with stories and humor, just like his everyday awesome self. He has and always will be my hero and I am so blessed and proud to call him Dad! (IG pic HERE)
Now, what my brain isn’t fuzzy over is the deliciousness that is this One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus. It was the last meal I devoured before I was admitted to the hospital, and while I usually don’t post recipes immediately after I make them (they go into an “archive” of sorts), this One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli is SO good it must be shared. NOW. because:
- Its all made in ONE POT-even the ravioli-which means you only have to wash ONE POT!
- It takes less than 30 minutes to make
- Its easy to make (just look at the instructions)….so don’t get intimidated by the ingredient list 🙂
- It has shrimp! which bonus, means you don’t have to chop raw chicken
- Its crazy creamy without any heavy cream, only less fat cream cheese and cornstarch
- Its packed with flavor
- Is a complete meal-in-one with carbs, dairy, protein and veggies!
- Its customizable – mix up the protein, veggies, etc.
- Keep shrimp and ravioli stocked and you can make it any time
- It tastes great as leftovers
To make this easy One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus, first saute the shrimp for a couple minutes with salt and pepper and remove to a plate. Don’t you just love how quick and effortless shrimp is to make?
Next, saute your shallots, asparagus, and garlic and then add your ravioli with milk and chicken broth mixed with cornstarch (to help thicken) to simmer just until al dente. Ravioli cooks super quickly, mine only took 5 minutes, so be sure to watch it. I recommend looking at the package instructions and cooking a minute less because it will continue to cook as we melt our cream cheese. After your ravioli is cooked, the sauce will still seem a little runny, but will thicken up beautifully upon adding our cream cheese and Parmesan.
Push the ravioli to one side of the pan, just so it doesn’t tear as you whisk to melt your cream cheese in the other part of the pan. You can add 2 or 4 oz. of cream cheese, depending on your creamy desires. 2 oz. will still be creamy but 4 oz. will be luxuriously creamy.
Stir in your Parmesan cheese to melt followed by peas, lemon juice and shrimp. Heat through and garnish with fresh parsley.
And you have Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus – the ultimate creamy cheesy, comforting ravioli brightened by fresh lemon juice, tender peas and crisp-tender asparagus all bursting with juicy, succulent shrimp. You have gourmet dinner, in one pot, in 30 minutes.
Eat some extra for me.
Looking for more Shrimp Pasta Recipes?
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi
- Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Shrimp Pasta
- Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine
Want to try this One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus?
Pin it to your 30 MINUTE MEALS, DINNER, SEAFOOD, or PASTA Board to SAVE for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more great recipes! I am always pinning :)!
©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com
One Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus (Lightened Up)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup asparagus chopped into 1” pieces
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 16 oz. pkg. quality refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 2 or 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened (I use ⅓ less fat)*
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sauté approximate 3 minutes, just until shrimp is opaque. Remove to a plate.
- In the now empty pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shallots and asparagus and sauté 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add ravioli, milk, and half of the chicken broth. Mix remaining chicken broth with cornstarch and add to skillet along with dried basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer just until ravioli is al dente (a minute or so less than package instructions), being careful not to overcook. Turn heat to low.
- Push ravioli to one side of the pan and add cream cheese to the other side and whisk until mostly melted, followed by Parmesan cheese. Stir in peas, lemon juice and shrimp. Heat through and garnish with fresh parsley and additional salt/pepper/lemon juice/Parmesan to taste if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: