- 4 chicken filletspounded to an even thickness
- 3tablespoons olive oil
HONEY MUSTARD MARINADE/DRESSING
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/4cup orange juice
- 3tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 1tsp EACH paprika, dried parsley, salt
- 1/2tsp EACH dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2cup mayonnaise(I use light)
- 1 head romaine lettucechopped
- 5 hard boiled eggspeeled and sliced
- 5slices thick cut baconcooked and chopped
- 1cup cherry or grape tomatoeshalved
- 1large avocadosliced
- corn from one ear sweet corn
- 1 sweet applechopped
- 1/2cup Blue cheese crumbles (may sub feta, cheddar, etc. )
- 1/4cup roasted salted sunflower seedsmore or less to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk Honey Mustard Marinade ingredients together. Add 1/2 cup of marinade and 3 tablespoons olive oil to large freezer bag along with chicken. Marinate at room temperature while you prep your veggies up to overnight in the refrigerator (the longer the better).
To remaining marinade, whisk in 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream and 1/2 cup mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add chicken and cook, undisturbed for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned on one side. Turn chicken over, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook for approximately 3-5 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken), or until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before chopping.
Layer lettuce on a large platter or bowl. Arrange ingredients on top of lettuce as desired. If serving immediately and don’t expect leftovers then drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss. If you expect leftovers then hold dressing and drizzle individual servings with dressing so the salad doesn’t get soggy.
Store leftovers without dressing (aside from avocado), tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.