Chicken and Potato Skillet in Creamy Lemon Paprika Sauce – quick and easy one pan meal (and one microwave dish), on your table in 30 minutes! The potatoes finish cooking in the incredible sauce so they are SO flavorful and you will love the crispy chicken!
I am always looking for different ways to prepare chicken and I am always giddy over new sauce combinations, so this Chicken and Potato Skillet in Creamy – no cream – Lemon Paprika Sauce is making my taste buds do cart wheels. After all, crispy + creamy = L.O.V.E.
I have always loved lemon and paprika together, even pairing them in my Asian Sticky Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken but when you also mix in pinches of cumin, oregano, fresh chives, you have a flavor explosion that is nothing short of savorlicious.
To make the chicken, first slice your chicken breasts in half horizonatally so your chicken cutlets are nice and thin (and tender!) and can crisp up in mere minutes after you dredge them in seasoned flour and pan fry in just 2 tablespoons oil.
While you chicken is cooking, you are taking a smart shortcut with your potatoes and microwaving them until they are almost cooked, so now all you have to do is add them to the skillet and saute them with your shallots, garlic and a sprinkling of flour to thicken your sauce – your no cream sauce.
Then add your chicken broth, paprika, cumin, and oregano and simmer away to create a creamy sauce that permeates your tender potatoes as it thickens. Stir in your lemon juice and chives for a fresh, bright tang and your saucy potato skillet is just begging to smother your tender chicken.
So smother away!
Chicken and Potatoes in Creamy Lemon Paprika Sauce on your table in 30 minutes, but tastes like you’ve been slaving away. Thank you Chicken and Potato Skillet. You are a beautiful deliciously deception.
Chicken and Potatoes Skillet in Lemon Paprika Sauce
- 1 pound red potatoes chopped into bite size pieces (approx. 1/2”-1”)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- On a large plate or shallow bowl, whisk together ¼ cup flour, ½ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Half chicken horizontally, rinse and pat dry with paper towels then dredge each cutlet in the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Add potatoes to a microwave safe dish and add 3 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat until very hot. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes, flip, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until completely cooked through. Transfer to plate.
- To the now empty skillet, melt one tablespoon butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add microwaved potatoes (without any remaining water) and shallots and saute for 2 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add flour and garlic to the potatoes and cook for 2 more minutes. Turn heat to low and slowly whisk in chicken broth followed by paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer, stirring often, until sauce has thickened and potatoes are cooked through, approximately 5-7 minutes. If sauce thickens before potatoes are completely tender, stir in additional chicken broth.
- When potatoes are tender and sauce has thickened, stir in chives and lemon juice. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 1 more minute to reheat chicken. Serve immediately, seasoning individual servings with additional salt and pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @CarlsbadCravings and Use #CarlsbadCravngs
Leave a Review, I Always Love Hearing From You!
Carlsbad Cravings© Original
NEVER MISS A CARLSBAD CRAVINGS CREATION:
You might also like: