Whipped Feta Dip
Whipped Feta Dip is feta cheese in CREAMY DIP form! It's creamy, salty, tangy perfection. You can keep it as simple as you like with just feta and cream cheese or add herbs, garlic, red pepper flakes, etc. This creamy feta dip is fabulous with veggies, crackers or as a sandwich/burger spread, etc. This dip takes SEVEN minutes to make, start to finish, for a make ahead, easy appetizer everyone will love!
Servings 1 1/2 cups
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese softened
- 3 oz feta at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, roughly chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon red onion, roughly chopped or 1 small shallot (or 1/4 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded, deveined, roughly chopped or red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add feta and cream cheese to food processor and pulse until cheeses are mixed. Continue to mix 3-4 minutes until cheeses are very smooth. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you like a spicier dip, add red pepper flakes or some of the jalapeno seeds.
Serve room temperature or warmed for spread/dips for chips, crackers, bread, etc. or chilled with vegetables.
The dip firms up slightly when refrigerated so just soften in the microwave for 15-30 seconds or so before serving.
HOW TO STORE
Whipped Feta Dip should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The Feta dip will stiffen slightly when refrigerated so let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so before serving or microwave at 10 second intervals, about 30 seconds should do the trick.
This Whipped Feta Dip is fabulous to make ahead because it tastes even better as the flavors meld.