This Greek Salad is guaranteed to become an instant favorite and weekly repeat! Not only is it a breeze to make, it pairs beautifully with practically everything from Greek cuisine, to Italian cuisine, to hot-off the grill proteins to comfort foods to cozy soups. This Greek Salad recipe is made with juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, zippy red onions, crunchy bell peppers, salty Kalamata olives, tangy feta and nutty almonds all enveloped in a vibrant, tangy, Greek salad dressing. To make, just whisk the dressing together and chop the veggies and you have the best Greek Salad on your table (and more importantly, in your mouth) in minutes!
Servings 4 -6 servings
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or 4 medium-sized tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 English cucumber, quartered, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced horizontally or chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 5 ounces feta cheese cut into ½ inch cubes (may sub 1/3 cup crumbled feta)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TBS EACH minced fresh dill, parsley, oregano OR 1 tsp EACH dried
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator while you prep the salad. Whisk again before adding to the salad.
Add all of the salad ingredients to a medium salad bowl or platter.
Just before serving, drizzle the desired amount of chilled dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Season with additional freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste.
How to store
Greek Salad is best served fresh but you may store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The tomatoes will continue to release juices which will make the salad more watery.
- Prepare salad ingredients: chop all of the salad ingredients and layer in a large serving bowl in this order: tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, feta. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator until ready serve. Drain any excess juices before adding the dressing.
- Dressing: can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serve: combine and dig in!