Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Salsa Chicken (Slow Cooker)
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pineapple Chicken - crazy good EASY, flavorful sweet, savory and spicy chicken for burrito bowls, salads, burritos, etc.
Servings 6 -8
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1/4-1/3 cup Franks Buffalo Hot WINGS Sauce NOT regular hot sauce*
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz. can sweet corn, rinsed & drained
- 1 4 oz. can mild diced green chillies
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chiips
- sour cream
Place the chicken in the slow cooker then add the rest of the ingredients and give them a stir. Start with 3 tablespoons hot wings sauce and add more at the end of cooking if you aren't sure how hot you want it.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high 4-6 hours. When chicken can shred easily, remove to a cutting board and shred. Mix the chicken back in the crockpot and allow to cook 30 more minutes. Taste and add additional hot wings sauce, brown sugar salt, pepper if desired.**
Transfer chicken to a strainer and drain off any excess liquid.
Serve chicken over rice or in tortillas, on salad, etc. with desired garnishes.
*Hot WINGS sauce is much spicier and creamier. If you are not sure how spicy want it, start with 3 tablespoons hot wings sauce and add more at the end of cooking time. Of course, you can always use your favorite hot sauce and adjust to taste.
**If you are using the total 1/3 cup hot sauce, you might want to add more brown sugar to taste at the end of cooking to balance out the heat.