Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps (VIDEO)
15 MINUTE fresh and bright Avocado Caprese Chicken Wraps are your favorite summer salad in easy, portable deeeelicious wrap form! These phenomenal wraps are loaded with pre-roasted balsamic chicken, juicy tomatoes, milky mozzarella, creamy avocados, crunchy romaine, fresh basil and crispy bacon all cocooned in a soft flatbread for the ultimate healthy, satisfying lunch/dinner or grab and go beach/picnic/road trip meal!
Servings 4 wraps (8 halves)
- 4 Flatout® Flatbreads (I use Multi-grain with Flax)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup any combo of mayo, sour cream, or yogurt (I use 2T mayo, 2T sour cream)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese (may sub shredded)
- 1 large avocado or 2 small, sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- 4 strips Cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
Balsamic Chicken “Marinade”
Whisk all the Balsamic Chicken Marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl. Remove 2 teaspoons and add to a bowl with your chopped tomatoes. Toss to coat.
To the remaining marinade, add chicken, stir until evenly coated.
Spread the entire surface of each Flatbread with 1 tablespoon mayo/sour cream/yogurt.
Evenly divide lettuce between flatbreads in a row in the bottom third of the flatbread. Top evenly with chicken, avocado, cheese, tomato, basil and bacon.
Roll up flatbreads and slice in half. Serve with extra balamic vinegar if desired.
Don't miss the "how to make" recipe video at the top of the post!
*All Filling quantities are just guidelines – use more or less to customize to your taste.
**For a super quick assembly, prepare all ingredients ahead of time including the marinated chicken and tomatoes.