Cranberry Pomegranate Ambrosia Salad
Cranberry Pomegranate Ambrosia Salad will be the best fruit salad you ever make! It is wonderfully light, sweet, tangy, refreshing, EASY, make ahead (AKA stress free!), and always a swooning favorite!
Servings 10 -14 servings
- 1 12 oz. bag fresh or frozen (thawed) whole cranberries
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 15 oz. can mandarin oranges drained
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt nonfat is fine
- 1 cup pomegranate arils/seeds
Finely chop cranberries in a food processor. Add to a fine mesh sieve and push out any excess moisture (over the sink). Add drained pineapple and push down with a spatula to remove any excess moisture. Stir in sugar until well combined. Place sieve over a bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator. Let chill 2 hours up to overnight.
Add cranberry mixture to a serving bowl. Stir in the marshmallows, followed by Mandarin oranges. Set aside.
Beat heavy cream in a large mixing bowl for 1 minute then beat in powdered sugar. Continue to beat until soft peaks form. Fold vanilla yogurt into whipped cream.
Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cranberry mixture. Right before serving, garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
Serve immediately or best if chilled 1-4 hours.