Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread with Maple and Bacon
This isn't just Monkey Bread, and it isn't just Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread but MAPLE BACON Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread! This monkey bread recipe is SO easy made with refrigerated cinnamon rolls and SO delicious with crispy crumbled maple bacon, pecans and a maple caramel topping. This Monkey Bread recipe is perfect Christmas, holidays, special occasion breakfasts, brunch, dessert OR just because! It can be prepared the night before and baked in the morning or just made in the morning because it's SO easy!
Servings 12 servings
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 (8 count) cans Pillsbury Grands refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoon pure maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- Cinnamon roll icing from above listed canned cinnamon rolls
Grease your bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray WITH flour or grease and flour your pan. Set aside.
Add bacon, pecans, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl and stir to evenly combine. Add half of the mixture to a large freezer size bag. Set aside.
Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 quarters, then roll each quarter into a ball.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Add half of the dough balls and gently toss to coat with a spatula. Remove balls from butter/maple mixture and add to sugar/bacon/pecan freezer bag and toss to coat. Arrange coated balls in the bottom of your bundt pan and sprinkle any remaining pecans/bacon/sugar from the bag on top.
Repeat process by adding all remaining dough balls to remaining butter/maple mixture and gently toss to coat. Add balls to freezer bag along with remaining cinnamon/sugar/bacon/pecan mixture and toss to coat. Layer coated balls in your bundt pan and sprinkle with any remaining pecans/bacon/sugar from the bag.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in 3 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/2 cup brown sugar and stir until smooth. Pour evenly over dough balls.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30- 32 minutes or until balls are cooked through. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Invert onto a serving plate and drizzle with pre-packaged icing when ready to serve..
If you don't want to finely chop/crumble your bacon and pecans, you can sprinkle coarsely chopped bacon and pecans throughout the dough balls in the bundt pan.
- Prepare the entire recipe up to the point of baking, including pouring butter, brown sugar, maple mixture over the dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake the next day.
- Before baking, let the unbaked monkey bread sit on the counter for 30-60 minutes to come to room temperature (so it will cook evenly).
- Proceed to bake per recipe instructions.
- Wrap cooled Monkey Bread tightly in plastic wrap followed by foil. If your have smaller leftover monkey bread sections, you can store them in airtight containers or freezer bags. Alternatively, you can freeze in smaller sandwich bags for individual servings.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread in the refrigerator because it has bacon or thaw monkey bread on the counter if it doesn't have bacon.
- Once completely thawed, place on a baking sheet and heat at 250 degrees F for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through. You may need to pull it out of the oven, carefully pull it apart to check for warmth and continue to bake if necessary.