Cashew Chicken Salad with Pineapple Ginger Vinaigrette
Cashew Chicken Salad with juicy coconut, cashew crusted chicken, pineapple, mangoes, cucumbers, lettuce, green onion and red bell peppers and Pineapple Ginger Vinaigrette! This Cashew Chicken will transport you to the tropics with its paradisaical flavors and textures and you'll never want to come back!
Tangy Pineapple Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped from 1 whole pineapple
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- pineapple, chopped (Remaining not used in vinaigrette)
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped (optional)
Prepare Crispy Cashew Coconut Crusted Chicken according to recipe. Cut into strips when slightly cooled.
Place all of the Pineapple Vinaigrette ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Taste and add additional honey, paprika, salt and pepper if desired, keeping in mind the fruit will be sweet. (I add a little more paprika for a kick)
Toss all the salad ingredients together or toss vegetables then add pineapple, mango and avocado to individual servings if you know there will be some left (so you can save separately). Drizzle individual servings with dressing (you don't need a lot). Enjoy!
*Coconut Cashew Chicken Recipe makes 12 chicken tenders so depending on personal preference of chicken to salad ratio (and how "hearty" you want your salad), you can make half or the whole recipe.
HOW TO SERVE
- If not expecting leftovers: Add romaine, mangos, pineapple, red bells, cucumbers, avocados and green onions to a large salad bowl and give it a good toss. Now you can either toss with the dressing and lay chicken on top OR serve the dressing on the side and let everyone dress their own Cashew Chicken Salad.
- If expecting leftovers: Add romaine, red bells, cucumbers, and green onions to a large salad bowl and give it a good toss. Serve the pineapple, mangos, and avocados on the side as they will make leftovers soggy. Serve chicken and dressing on the side as well.
- Salad Bar. If you have picky eaters or want a fun entertaining idea, then consider a salad bar where everyone can pile on as much or as little of their favorite toppings.
- You don’t have to make a salad! The fixings or leftovers of this Cashew Chicken Salad are fabulous in wraps or tropical rice bowls!
I love this Cashew Chicken Salad but the additional of cashew crusted chicken is a little more involved than just grilled or rotisserie chicken. To cut down on some of the prep work at dinner time, I suggest doing some prep beforehand: You can prep all or some of the below:
- Vegetables: can be chopped 24 hours in advance and stored in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Fruit: can be chopped 24 hours in advance and stored in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Dressing: can be made three days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Chicken: can be cooked 1-2 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator BUT it will not be as crispy. Instead, I suggest making the breading, then all you have to do is bread and bake when you're ready to devour this Cashew Chicken Salad.
- When the veggies, fruit, dressing and chicken are stored separately, this Cashew Chicken Salad should keep well for 3-5 days.
- The Cashew Chicken should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I suggest stacking the chicken with a piece of parchment paper in between each layer so the chicken doesn't become soggy. Refrigerated chicken will still be flavorful but not as crunchy as freshly baked.