- 1 1/2tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- 1pound chicken breastssliced into 1/4” slices then 2” pieces**
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly slicedthen chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced then chopped into 2” pieces
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 13.5 oz. can quality coconut milk(I like Chaokoh)
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1tablespoon Asian/Thai Sweet Chili Sauce(like Mae Ploy)
- 2tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoon fish sauce
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- sriracha to taste(optional)
- lime zest to taste
- fresh basil
- fresh cilantro
- fresh lime juice
Heat oil over medium high heat in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken, onion and red curry paste and cook just until chicken is no longer pink. Add bell peppers, zucchini, ginger and garlic and saute 1 minute.
Add half of the coconut milk. Mix remaining coconut milk with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add to skillet along with all remaining ingredients (expect Garnishes).
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the vegetables reach desired crisp-tenderness. If you would like a thinner sauce, thin with water (I don’t do this). Discard bay leaf.
Garnish with additional optional fresh basil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and Sriracha to taste. Serve with rice.