- 2pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighschopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2cup crunchy peanut butter
- 8-10 taco size flour tortillas
- 1/4cup crushed peanuts
- chopped cilantroto taste
- Freshly squeezed lime juiceto taste
Thai Chicken Marinade
- 1/3cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3cup packed brown sugar
- 2tablespoon lime juice
- 2tablespoons fish sauce
- 2teaspoons freshly grated gingeror 3/4 ground ginger
- 4teaspoon garlic cloves, mincedor 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2tsp EACH black pepper, ground coriander, turmeric powder
- 2teaspoons cornstarch
- 2cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 3cups packaged broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red bell pepperthinly sliced
- 1/3cup chopped green onions
- 1/4cup loosely packed cilantrochopped
- 1tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon lime juice
In a large bowl or freezer bag, whisks the Thai Peanut Chicken marinade ingredients together. Add chicken and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop ingredient for Pineapple Slaw, add to a large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
When ready to cook, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil/coconut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot and rippling. Add chicken and marinade and cook until completely cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and stir in crunchy peanut butter until well combined.
To serve, spoon chicken into desired amount of tortillas and top with Pineapple Slaw, chopped peanuts and additional cilantro, lime juice and Asian chili sauce to taste.