- 3 ramen packetsdiscard seasoning
- 2tablespoons sesame oildivided
- 1pound lean ground pork or ground chicken
- 1 small onionchopped
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic clovesminced
- 1tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 carrotscut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepperchopped into 1/2” pieces
- 2cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1cup cocktail peanutsmay sub other peanuts
- 1cup chicken broth
- 2tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2tablespoons Japanese rice winemay sub dry sherry
- 1tablespoon hoisin sauce(Lee Kum Kee or Kikkoman)
- 1tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce(like Mae Ploy)
- 1-2tablepsoons sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoons cornstarch
Cook ramen in boiling water for 2 minutes (no longer)! Reserve one cup pasta water. Rinse with cool water and toss with a drizzle of sesame oil to prevent the noodles from sticking. Set aside.
Heat a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add peanuts and dry roast peanuts until golden and toasted in a few places, tossing occasionally, approximately 3 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Mix Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
To the now empty skillet, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium high heat. Add ground pork/chicken, onions, salt and pepper and cook until browned. When meat is almost cooked through, add carrots, bell peppers, garlic and ginger and cook 2 additional minutes.
Stir in sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 seconds then add noodles and toss until evenly coated. Add cabbage and peanuts and toss to combine. Heat just until noodles are al dente and cabbage has softened, about one minute. Add additional reserved water if needed to reach desired consistency.
Taste and season with additional sriracha, salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with green onions.